What's new

lest expensive 2ch. amp that sounds as good as 777es (1 Viewer)

I'm looking for a new or used 2 channel amp that sounds as good as my 777es. I want to spend less than $300 for it. Any suggestions are welcome. I have found a Rotel RB-980 for $295 plus shipping or a NAD 2400 also for $295. Anyone heard these amps? Thanks for the help. Doug

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Doug, I have not heard either stereo amp you are considering, but both Rotel and NAD make quality amps. I use NAD integrated amps in my two stereo systems, and they are quite good for the price. For my second system, I am using an NAD C 350 integrated, which is a current model. I have been extremely pleased with it. It retails for $430, but I bought it from Sound City (1-800-370-3156) for $325 as a brand new unit in a sealed box. Sound City is an authorized NAD dealer. I realize $325 is a bit above your budget, but the C 350 is worth a listen, in my opinion.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Doug, I believe the NAD C 350 constitutes a suggestion.
wink.gif

------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Sorry, I appreciate the suggestion and will listen this weekend. I should have said any other suggestions and or other comments on the amps I mentioned. Thanks for your reply. Doug

JimmyG

Auditioning
I have the 777ES and I was astonished to find out that the new nOrh Le Amp at $250 per monoblock sounds so much better.
Soundstage, detail, control, smoothness, you name it, the Le Amp was better.
I HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone considering new amplifiers.
Read more about it at www.harmonicdiscord.com and www.nOrh.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks