Less then two hours to go!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Lance Nichols, May 28, 2003.

1. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

I have lusted for this since I first saw it. Like Pavlov's dog, it makes me drool as much as a HT Project.

So, it will be all mine, my Precious.

In less then two hours I pick up My 2003 GT Cruiser!

I love this car, and have been wanting to by a Cruiser sine they first debuted. I almost can't believe I finally am getting one!

MUCH thanks to my wife, who has listened to me for years now going over and over them, and for "letting" me buy one when it came time for a second car.

2. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Congrats on the new car. My family is looking to get another one but I have not been able to talk my wife into replacing my aging RX-7 with a new RX-8. Tell me how did you do it. [​IMG]

KyleS

3. Lance Nichols

Thanks, with the Turbo in it, the Cruiser really does have some kick to it. Totally different feel to the wee beastie.

Well, I don't now about the RX cars, but one of the big bonuses right now when buying new is the 0 down 0% offers. The only way it could get better to buy new would be to have the deal be 0 down and -5%. [​IMG]

As is, all basic, scheduled maintenance will be preformed free by my dealer. By my calculations, that will be about $600-$700 just for oil and lube over the payment period.

Was going to post pics last night, but my Internet access at home is down. GRRR.

4. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

Lance

Glad your dreams have come true. A friend of mine bought a Toyota truck a year or so ago and got the free fluid changes for as long as he owns the truck. Engine, Trans, Rear-end, radiator ect. To me that sounds like a super sweet deal.

I too have my eye set on a dream car. Like KyleS I am a RX fan. While I dig the new RX-8's. My lust is a 93-95 RX-7.

Here is one that I found on the web somewhere...

[​IMG]

Cant wait to see some pics lance.

5. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

Congrats Lance! Enjoy your new toy! [​IMG]

6. Lance Nichols

Yeah, enjoyment started when I sat in it the second time, and realised that the new car smell was the smell of MY new car. Haven't managed to whipe the grin from my face yet!

Heading down to Niagara in June for the third Cruise the Falls owner's event. Looking forward to it, I must say. First Mod get's done this weekend: I am replacing the "beep" horn with a more appropriate Klaxon. That, or going to see if I can find some NOS '49 Fargo horns. I always did love the sound of my Fargo's horns (a two toned BLAT sound).

If my cable modem hasn't synced up tonight I will bring the card reader into work tomorrow and post.

7. Chris Baucom

Chris Baucom Stunt Coordinator

Lance, congrats on your new car! Stupid question: Is a GT cruiser a PT cruiser with a GT package? Not familiar with the model.

8. Lance Nichols

Chis, yeah the GT cruiser is the PT Cruiser with a Turbocharged 2.4L in-line four, Getrag manual box, or a 4 speed Autostick slushbox, 17" rims and a couple of other features.

Considering I got the Autostick (DaimlerChrysler's version of a Triptronic-type shiftable Automatic) I guess I should stop referring to autos as "slushboxes". [​IMG] First slushbox I have owned.

Can't wipe the grin off my face!

Cable modem is down still [​IMG]