What's new

Less than a week till the toughest decision this year (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Final Fantasy Orgins, and Splinter Cell both comming out on the same day in less than a week, im getting both, hell I have already paid for both at EB, but whych one do i play first?

on the one hand FF has the nostalgia...... plus i want to see what they ahve done with it. on the other hand Splinter Cell is a game I have been waiting for since ebfore i ehard about Orgins comming out... WTD?

sorry for this post i know its not informative but i ahd to share or bust.

James T

Screenwriter
I say you play Splinter Cell first. When you get frustrated(won't be too long) because you can't figure out how to move on, then play FF.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Oh James where is the faith?

though i think i might take your advice, for the added reason that i might get too hooked on FF

of course there is the slow pace of FF especialyl compared to the more recent ones tht might drive me more nuts.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I would get FFO. It's likely to see a much more limited release and you could end up paying more than retail if you wait on buying it. Splinter Cell, on the other hand, you'll likely be able to find used at Blockbuster for $20 in a few months.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
James, read above, i guess you missed it, but I have already paid for both, pre order at EB :D

its just a question of what to play first :)

JamesH

Supporting Actor
WTF? Somehow I completely ignored what the original post said. Anyways, I'd play them both at the same time. I like getting an action game and an RPG together since you can budget your time between them so that you don't finish the action game too quickly.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Yes yes, now if i only had a PS1 or another PS2 i could hook up both players to my tv and use the PIP to really play both at the same time :)

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
I'd start with Splinter Cell, it's not nearly as long as I'm sure FF will end up being...

That is, if you are like me, and when a new game catches your fancy, you have trouble ever going back :)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
All I can say is, the prices for FF Anthology and FF Chronicles have either gone up or not really dropped at all. FF Chronicles still goes for $25-45, ditto for Anthology. Tactics got up to about $80 a few years back before Square got smart and re-released it. After seeing the way some prices never really go down, even for a used copy, I will pick up FFO new. Even though I can't play it for quite a while.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Ahhhhh only 5 hours till i can have both game sin my hand, 10 minutes after that till i walk into my house and pop them into the PS2.... damn i cant wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks