What's new

Pre-Order Les Misérables (2012) (4k UHD Combo) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
16079_tn.jpg

Special Features and Technical Specs:
  • HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
  • NEW DTS:X AUDIO TRACK
  • Audio Commentary with Director Tom Hooper
  • The Stars of Les Misérables
  • The West End Connection
  • Les Misérables on Location
  • Creating the Perfect Paris
  • Battle at the Barricade
  • Les Misérables Singing Live
  • Victor Hugo's Les Misérables
  • Optional English SDH, Spanish, French, Complex Mandarin, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, and Swedish subtitles for the main feature

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
You know for a film that was pretty front loaded the last time I watched it, I'm puzzled as to what DTS:X (wait we're still using that?) is supposed to bring to the table.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Russell Crow brought much more to his role than his voice. This film was incredibly great. Hard to believe the same director signed on for Cats a few years later, lol

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Russell Crow brought much more to his role than his voice. This film was incredibly great. Hard to believe the same director signed on for Cats a few years later, lol
...Ah Memory ...;)...

Crowe is/was in a band ...

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
Love the musical - disappointed in the film. It reminded me of Warner's "Camelot" with all those extreme close ups enabling you to see the actor's dental work. That and the miscasting of Russell Crowe he absolutely ruined one of the score's best musical numbers, "Stars" with his croaking and Amanda Seyfried eviscerating Cosette's musical numbers with her incessant bleating. HARD PASS.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I haven't watched this in a while but if I recall correctly, the bonus features listed there look like they're the same as the original release.

I'm not surprised that they wouldn't actually produce new extras for a 4K upgrade. But there was a Target exclusive bonus disc that came with their copies on street date in 2013. I bought it there just to get the extra disc. I think it would have added some additional value to put those supplements in this package too in addition to the 4K upgrade. But of course that's not going to happen.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm bumping this thread with some news that is both interesting and confusing.

Variety said:
The show will celebrate its 40th anniversary in 2025. Whether in its full theatrical form, a blockbuster musical movie — which [Cameron] Mackintosh says is currently being digitally remastered and will be re-released later this year — or any of its spectacularly staged concert performances, there’s no denying audiences love “Les Mis” and keep coming back for more

This article is dated August 15, but it isn't clear when the interview that forms the basis of this article actually took place. I'm not sure if Mackintosh is referring to the 4K disc release or something else. Obviously, if he is referring to the 4K disc, the mastering for that is done because it is on the market. So why would he say it is currently being digitally remastered if the disc is already out? It would be really odd to release it in 4K and then do a remastering right after the 4K release. This comment would make total sense if this interview was conducted prior to the release of the 4K disc, but we don't know that.

If Mackintosh is not referring to the 4K disc release, what else is there? I'd love for the movie to be re-released in theaters again, but that seems unlikely. There doesn't seem to be a clear and obvious reason for doing that now as opposed to any other time. The film release was Christmas 2012. So technically the 10th anniversary was technically last year, even though it continued to run into 2013.

Last edited:

Malcolm Bmoor

Second Unit
Real Name
Malcolm Blackmoor
Anybody interested in this thread needs to recharge their cynicism if attempting to understand the CM company's policies.

Bearing in mind that Mr Mackintosh is the wealthiest theatrical producer that there's ever been, he didn't achieve that by neglecting any opportunities to make money so you may be sure that he's thought of a new angle to market/re-market his materials. If you wish to help and encourage him by buying one of those products all over again I can guarantee his pleasure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation368
Recent bookmarks