Leprechaun 6-disc set on the way...

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
This comes straight from the Lep himself, Warwick Davis:

Source: CelluloidShocker.com

Aside from maybe the original (if only to see Aniston looking so goofy
), I'm not a big fan of this particular series but I figured many of you would find this news exciting.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Ack, I already have 4 of the currently available 5 on DVD too. Hopefully the original Leprechaun gets the anamorphic widescreen treatment.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Mathew: That was three. Four, which takes place in space, is almost unparalleled in the realm of intentionally campy cinema.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Ice-T, Aaron, I promise. I know it's easy to bash Leprechaun movies sight unseen, but "In Space" is hysterical, and intentionally so. It's one of the rare series where each installment improved on the one before it, up until the almost unbearable "Leprechaun in the Hood".

Tom Oh

Second Unit
I have yet to watch any of these. Which one do you recommend I rent for initiation
This might make for a great gift for a Notre Dame fan.

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator
What the....

*6!!!!!*

Holy hell on a stick!!!! I thought Leprechaun 4 : In Space with the Princess walking around topless for like 20 mins in the middle of the movie was the end of this series...

Wait... they made 4 Critters movies on the other hand... BRING IT ON!!!

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I had no idea they made 6...jeez...he went to space...where else to go...did he turn into the Starchild?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
The sixth one isn't out till July.

I believe that article mentioned that it's entitled Back in Da Hood.

God help us all.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
A Leprechaun DVD box set with audio commentaries for all 6 films? Yep, the apocalypse is officially upon us. I don't plan on getting any of these discs, but I'll admit to enjoying the first one in a really bad way. I still think the shot of Jennifer Aniston and friends holding the little guy off by tossing shoes at him is one of the funniest things I've ever seen captured on film.

JonS

Stunt Coordinator
This is GREAT news. I love these movies. In the Hood is by far the best of the series. I hate how some people bash these movies just because he is a killer leprechaun. They are very fun movies that don't take themselves seriously and end up being very enjoyable. Much more enjoyable than any horror films coming out of Hollywood.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Are the latter ones funny? I know the earlier ones were supposed to be serious.

Back in Da Hood sounds about as good as Nu image horror movies, probably the best comedies ever made.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Are the latter ones funny? I know the earlier ones were supposed to be serious.
The original is the only one that has a particularly dark tone. Leprechaun 2 is much lighter and goofier, and parts three and four are completely off the wall.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An Elvis Fan