What's new

Leone's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly 2-disc SE, May 18, 2004 (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
1) Although it says that release date is 1998, and run time is 162 minutes, it also says - DVD features: 14 minutes of never before seen Italian footage. ?!? I thought that these extra 14 minutes (which, by the way, I don't want) are included for the first time on the 2004 special edition (which has run time of almost 180 minutes).
In the original 1998 TGTBATU R1 DVD release, the deleted Italian footage is included as an extra.

M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mate
Just to be sure - "included as an extra", means - these 14 minutes NOT inserted into movie, but only added in the Extra Features part of the DVD menu as separate feature? Thanx.

M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mate
I'm sorry guys if I'm boring. :)

Region 1 edition came in 1998, but region 2 edition came in 2000. Although the cover art is completely different, I asume that contents of both DVDs are the same... right?

I found out several region 2 2000 editions on eBay, all coming from UK and very cheap. So... I'll try to buy one.

Damn... and I REALLY LIKE the artwork for the special editions...

I hope that 2-disk specials for the "Fistful" and "Few dollars more" don't have problems with sound... Strangely, on amazon.co.uk we still can buy region 2 2000 edition of these first two films, but not the Good-Bad-Ugly. Should I consider buying that older edition of first two films, or should I go straight for the special edition?

Patrick H. - may I ask why would you "still recommend the 2-disc extended cut"?

Justin W

Stunt Coordinator
they goofed with this. they should have included both versions of the film. the gunshot effects really create the aesthetic of spaghetti western as far as i'm concerned.

M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mate
Justin - I agree.

oscar - THANX! On that link you gave me, I found another link leading to 101cd shop, which still has region 2 2000 edition of GBU - and cheap! ;) Oh yeah... I'll be watching it in a few days...

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I just picked up last year's reissue of GBU. Didn't it suppose to have a booklet? Who should I contact to see about getting one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks