What's new

Leone's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly 2-disc SE, May 18, 2004 (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
This is awesome...:emoji_thumbsup:

Anyway, interested in seeing how the extended footage comes along with the recent additons in the dialogue and the replacement voice artist for Lee Van Cleef. I don't recall this being done to any other movies.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Anyway, interested in seeing how the extended footage comes along with the recent additons in the dialogue and the replacement voice artist for Lee Van Cleef. I don't recall this being done to any other movies.
It has happened before. For example, Anthony Hopkins performed as Laurence Olivier for missing dialogue in the restored version of Spartacus.

DJ

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Charles Gray voiced Jack Hawkins when the latter suffered with throat cancer; and wasn't it Rich Little who voiced David Niven when his MS left him with slurred speech?

BTW - I don't know who voiced Jack Elam in OUATITW for the English version, but for some reason he didn't post dub his own lines.

---
So many films, so little time...

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
There has been (to me) a void on the "absolutely can't wait to add to my must have" DVD's.

Come to think of it, there's been a lot of crappy Tuesdays of late.

This announcement ranks way up there for virtually all of us, for sure.

I guess the successes or failures of this re-release will dictate if/when and how the other manwithnoname films will be repackaged.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
This is one of my very favorite films.

But I want the option to watch either the old version or the new :frowning:

Im drooling for this with a new transfer and 5.1

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
WTF, WB starts to release some 2 disc SE's in keep cases, and now MGM starts to release them in digi-packs. I swear these studios do this crap just to piss every body off.

The slip cover looks great but why not put it over a slim 2 disc case like they had been doing up until Boys in the Hood SE.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
from the bbfc.co.uk

THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY - SPECIAL EDITION DVD - IL MAESTRO: PART 2 Video

Feature
Classified 27 January, 2004 . Run Time 12m 24s

DVD additional material,
Advice for consumers
No consumer advice is available for this work

The main spoken language in this work is English.
The BBFC has placed this work in the ACTION, WESTERN genre(s).

When submitted to the BBFC the work had a running time of 12m 24s.

This work was passed with no cuts made.

At the time of classification MGM Home Entertainment (Europe) Ltd was the holder of the rights or the brand name for this work.

Directed by Not known Producer(s) Not known

The cast for this work includes: Not known.

A film or video, together with associated trailers may exist in several versions and all versions known to the BBFC are listed below.

Category Type Date Company Run Time Cut Title
Video 27/01/2004 MGM Home Entertainment (Europe) Ltd 12m 24s No THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY - SPECIAL EDITION DVD - IL MAESTRO: PART 2

Details are likely to be more complete and accurate for the version submitted most recently.
When a film is transferred to video the running time will be shorter by approximately 4% due to the differing number of frames per second. This does not mean that the video version has been cut or re-edited.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
12 minutes and 24 seconds?

Either I'm misunderstanding that running time, or that movie has been cut to hell. :)

Matthew_Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Hehe. Is that referring to a new featurette on the DVD maybe? I'm pretty sure The Good the Bad & the Ugly is a mite longer than that myself. ;)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I really hope that MGM revisits A Fistful Of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More. The current transfers are non-anamorphic, which is a real drag.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
The guy who restored GBU for MGM said in a thread on another board that they had also restored the first two films, adding footage here and there on For A Few Dollars More. It was probably mostly trims. It's been awhile since I watched my Key Video VHS version, but it seemed like the editing on it was cleaner and some scenes went on longer than the Laser Disc or DVD. The rape scene, for instance, seemed choppy on the letterboxed digital versions over the VHS.

Though I wouldn't want to see it edited in the film, I think a cool bonus would be the scene added to A Fistfull of Dollars by ABC Television that has Harry Dean Stanton playing a Marshall who sends deputy Clint Eastwood into the town to clean it up, so as to justify Clint's actions.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Larry - which 'other board' did the MGM guy make the comments about restoring the trilogy? I like to, er, mosey on over there :)

---
So many films, so little time...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks