What's new

Leon- The professional Korean 2 disc (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
It's the same as the new anniversary release here in R1. There were many reviews of this disc when it was released so I'm not going to rehash. I will say that it looked better than my R2 Japanese disc (Advanced Collectors) and had a higher bitrate but didn't sound any different.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
I don´t get it, there is no R1 AE release, is there? Do you mean the Superbit Deluxe Edition? I can´t find any such edition on Dvdcompare, any web shop or Dvd-basen. Well, it´s still the best looking edition so far and the A/V doesn´t seem any worse than any other edition, so I´ll guess I have to triple-dip then....

CraigL

Screenwriter
Sorry...i meant the newest edition here in the states. It wasn't considered a Superbit Deluxe and I don't think it ever had a "proper" title.
I've bought this title more times than I care to remember. I think this was the 4th or 5th time.

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator

The anniversary release for R1 is called 'Deluxe Edition'. DVDcompare will list it as DE.
On the back of the case, there is a small Superbit logo, so it's really a 'Superbit Deluxe Edition', because a standard Superbit edition doesn't include a bonus disc.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
So now that time has gone by, which is the best one to get? I have the corrected R1 Leon and the EE on it is pretty bad. I read a terrific review of the Japanese version,
http://www.totaldvd.net/cgi-bin/dvdr...php?dvdid=6320 which states that the transfer is identical to the korean version but that didn't have DTS. The 2 disc Korean set DID, yes? Was it indeed the corrected track? Big price diff. between the korean and Japanese discs. So, which is THIS the one to get?!?!?

:) d

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
There's also a Dutch release which comes in a great looking tin, I might buy that for the packaging alone!

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Dave, sounds like the Korean one is the one to get. I've asked many many times on forums for specifics on the 'audio' problems so I can compare all the versions I have. All I get is 'lack of bass and surround effects. I have the R2J first release of Leon, the Korean set, the R1 Corrected audio, R1 Superbit and recent R1 CE version and have it in HD. I don't have a problem with Bass or Surround activity on any of them. I'd love to know of a specific scenes with 'defective audio' so I can check for sure.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
I don´t think we will ever be able to find out which edition is the best. Even if the Beaver would put up screen shots of every edition possible it´s still the question about the audio. The problem is that some find a specific edition corrected and others don´t. By the way, the German tin edition does have a bad PQ, but I´m not sure if it´s the same transfer as the Dutch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks