Lenticular lens crushed

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith Mickunas, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

Movers moved my TV yesterday, and now I got problems. Its a Mits VS-50801 and the exterior screen has vertical grooves in it, which I believe is called the lenticular lens. Well when the TV is off, and there's some light on it, you can see a bright spot, and when the TV is on its a dark spot, about 3 or 4 inches long, running up the screen. I can feel that it is different in that area. So I guess that they've been squashed and aren't defelecting light like they're supposed to. So does anyone know if I can either fix or replace the screen? I'm going to start calling some places Monday and then I'll call the movers when I have an estimate.

2. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

I've gotten through to one place, they say their price is $299 for the screen and $100 for installation. According to what I've read at HomeTheaterSpot it needs professional installation because the different screens have to be put together properly with special tape. Granted I don't know if that's only for newer Mits or if it applies to mine also.