What's new

Lenticular lens crushed (1 Viewer)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Movers moved my TV yesterday, and now I got problems. Its a Mits VS-50801 and the exterior screen has vertical grooves in it, which I believe is called the lenticular lens. Well when the TV is off, and there's some light on it, you can see a bright spot, and when the TV is on its a dark spot, about 3 or 4 inches long, running up the screen. I can feel that it is different in that area. So I guess that they've been squashed and aren't defelecting light like they're supposed to. So does anyone know if I can either fix or replace the screen? I'm going to start calling some places Monday and then I'll call the movers when I have an estimate.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I've gotten through to one place, they say their price is $299 for the screen and $100 for installation. According to what I've read at HomeTheaterSpot it needs professional installation because the different screens have to be put together properly with special tape. Granted I don't know if that's only for newer Mits or if it applies to mine also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks