What's new

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (1 Viewer)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
When Paramount announced three versions of this movie (fullscreen, widescreen, 2-disc widescreen) for a 4/26 release, only the single-disc covers were published. Now, the cover for the 2-disc edition has been published.

If you only care about commentaries and deleted scenes (and can do without featurettes and still galleries), the single edition will suffice.

Not one to usually care about covers, this one is really nice though. If they used Olaf's silhouette like they do in the movie poster and removed the critic's quote, that would have been perfect. I like the animated characterization of the children. Gives you that creepy feeling, like a Tim Burton movie. His elongated arms on the other covers would have been good, too. Gives us a sense that "he's not normal." You only need Jim Carrey's name and the movie title to get this to sell. You don't need his mug.

If you'd like to talk about the movie itself, post all opinions in the Movie forum.

* Image source: www.dvdempire.com
-

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Thank you much for posting this. I was underwhelmed with the single disc coverart, and was also udner the impression that it was the only version coming out. Very happy news for an underrated 5-Star film in my opinion.

ry/

Joel C

Screenwriter
I liked this movie a lot, but yeah, single disc is probably good enough considering I rarely if ever watch bonus features.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Since most of us at HTF prefer the widescreen version, I would hope that the blue widescreen banner on the single-disc version was used on the widescreen version to match the background. However, a cover wouldn't influence my decision to buy a DVD.

You're welcome, RyanAn!

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I think that this 2-disc cover is more of a miss than a hit. The large photo and small illustration just don't have any connection to each other. They should have gone all illustrative (my preference) or at least tried to mesh the disparate elements more. It looks unfinished to my eyes.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
The 2-disc version will include the first book The Bad Beginning.

According to the back cover I saw at DVD Empire, Disc 2 is anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1. So what about Disc 1? (I think it's just a graphical error in the way the text was placed; I just thought it was funny.)

According to the DVD Talk review, the extras on Disc 2 are about 150 minutes!

Deep Discount DVD has all versions for pretty low prices.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Circuit City seems to be the cheapest for all formats/versions. Single disc $14.99 and 2 disc $19.99. :emoji_thumbsup: :)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
According to the Weekly Update in the Coupons & Bargains Forum and Circuit City online, the 2-disc version will be $29.99 at Circuit City. The website says that the $14.99 version comes with a bonus DVD but it does not describe it.

I got the 2-disc version on Saturday and sampled Disc 1. It might be my player, but for the Interactive Olaf feature, I cannot switch audio tracks on the fly. I have to go back one screen and choose a different character. I have a H/K DVD31.
-

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
I was able to get the 2 disc for $19.99 on the CC website when I pre-ordered it. The next day it was up to $29.99 on the website.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Lucky you!

Finally got a chance to go through most of Disc 2. First off, I am pleasantly surprised that all the extras are anamorphic widescreen! Usually, Paramount doesn't do anamorphic extras.

There are some hidden eggs to find but they aren't that special.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Not lucky yet. We'll see how much I was charged once it arrives. I'm not a big fan of CC but maybe this will change my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks