What's new

Lego Batman (Review) (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My son and I loved this. Maybe not as good as the first film, but that's a pretty high bar. We saw it in 2D because it was a free preview screening. :)

tenia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rémy
Can anybody tell me why Warner chose to include also a DTS HD MA 5.1 track along with the Atmos track ? That seems pretty much pointless, and since many other studios don't double their English tracks when offering an Atmos one (see Universal or Paramount for instance), I fail to understand the logic behind.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Can anybody tell me why Warner chose to include also a DTS HD MA 5.1 track along with the Atmos track ? That seems pretty much pointless, and since many other studios don't double their English tracks when offering an Atmos one (see Universal or Paramount for instance), I fail to understand the logic behind.
If your receiver can't do Atmos, is it universal that the receiver can downgrade to what it can handle?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
If your receiver can't do Atmos, is it universal that the receiver can downgrade to what it can handle?

Yes, they're encoded that way. The player doesn't do any actual decoding - it sends along a Dolby TrueHD 7.1 core the receiver, along with additional metadata and audio information from the disc that a receiver with Atmos can process to fill the extra channels. But a receiver that isn't Amos-compatible will simply see it as a Dolby TrueHD 7.1 track.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Just viewed the movie for the first time via my Blu-ray.

I thought it was very cleverly done and loved all the villain homage references (from "Gremlins" through "Lord of the Rings" --- but where was General Zod??) And how about that "Fortress of Solitude" music from the original Superman movie which was qued up at just the right time? And I found the entire JL party sequence to be uproariously funny!!

In short it was pretty much exactly what I expected, and the disc looks and sounds great!

I'd give it a solid "B"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks