What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

legionnaire- widescreen- jean claude van damme (1 Viewer)

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i am wondering where i can buy a widescreen version of the film. i purchased what was suppossed to be a widescreen version from amazon.com that was also supposed to come with extras only to receive a full screen version with no extras.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
I believe there are two US releases and the "Millenium Series" has the film in NON-anamorphic 2.35:1 w extras.At least the R2 French release has the OAR 2.35:1 (anamorphic) with some extras. Some R2 releases have the film in 1.85:1 (perhaps open matte, dunno?).

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
Jari K said:
I believe there are two US releases and the "Millenium Series" has the film in NON-anamorphic 2.35:1 w extras.At least the R2 French release has the OAR 2.35:1 (anamorphic) with some extras. Some R2 releases have the film in 1.85:1 (perhaps open matte, dunno?).
http://www.amazon.com/Legionnaire-Jean-Claude-Van-Damme/dp/6305259429/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1401734482&sr=1-1&keywords=legionnaire

this was the version i purchased which was not in widescreen nor had any extras.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
I have the Sterling Millennium Series DVD. It states on the back in fine print, "Widescreen version presented in a 'letterboxed' widescreen format preserving the 2.35:1 presentation of it's (sic) original theatrical exhibition."
It is indeed 2.35 letterbox, not anamorphic.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
John Hermes said:
I have the Sterling Millennium Series DVD. It states on the back in fine print, "Widescreen version presented in a 'letterboxed' widescreen format preserving the 2.35:1 presentation of it's (sic) original theatrical exhibition."
It is indeed 2.35 letterbox, not anamorphic.
do you have a link to where one can buy the dvd.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i orderd another one [legionnaire] after talking to somebody at amazon.com's customer service. they told me if i get the wrong movie to send it back for a full refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheqy
Recent bookmarks