1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Blu-ray Review Legion: The Complete First Season Blu-Ray Review

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Neil Middlemiss, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    Neil Middlemiss

Legion: The Complete First Season Blu-Ray Review
    [​IMG]

A magnificent mind-trip of a show, Legion takes the rules of filmed superhero media, crushes them underfoot, and rewrites them with a giddy confidence. It’s genius at every turn, with casting choices, plot choices, action-sequence choices, lighting, set-design, costume and music choices that announce to the world that this is a show that knows exactly what it is and it wants to challenge, surprise and entertain you. The show is related to the X-Men, not that you need to know that to enjoy it, and it never invokes or relies upon the established canon of the lucrative X-Men series. Simply put, Legion is stunning television.

[review]

JoshuaB. and Adam Lenhardt like this.
  2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Fantastic show and fantastic review!

JoshuaB. and Neil Middlemiss like this.
  3. JoshuaB.

JoshuaB. Second Unit

Jay
    I agree, it's a great review! I don't care for most superhero movies, but I enjoy the CW superhero shows (I grew up a DC kid--where is my Booster Gold/Blue Beetle TV show?). I wasn't going to tune into Legion, but once I realized it was from the man who developed Fargo for TV, I had to check it out! It's such a fantastic series, another reason FX is my go-to cable channel (Atlanta, Taboo, American Horror Story, American Crime Story, etc.). And kudos to Fox for releasing a Blu-ray set (wish they'd done one for Fargo S3, but I digress).

Neil Middlemiss and TravisR like this.
  4. 24fpsNinja

24fpsNinja Agent
    Supporter

Rob
    Thanks for the great review. Picked up today and looking forward to viewing!!

Neil Middlemiss likes this.