Neil Middlemiss

Cinematographer
Reviewer
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Neil Middlemiss

Legion: The Complete First Season Blu-Ray Review

A magnificent mind-trip of a show, Legion takes the rules of filmed superhero media, crushes them underfoot, and rewrites them with a giddy confidence. It’s genius at every turn, with casting choices, plot choices, action-sequence choices, lighting, set-design, costume and music choices that announce to the world that this is a show that knows exactly what it is and it wants to challenge, surprise and entertain you. The show is related to the X-Men, not that you need to know that to enjoy it, and it never invokes or relies upon the established canon of the lucrative X-Men series. Simply put, Legion is stunning television.

[review]

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I agree, it's a great review! I don't care for most superhero movies, but I enjoy the CW superhero shows (I grew up a DC kid--where is my Booster Gold/Blue Beetle TV show?). I wasn't going to tune into Legion, but once I realized it was from the man who developed Fargo for TV, I had to check it out! It's such a fantastic series, another reason FX is my go-to cable channel (Atlanta, Taboo, American Horror Story, American Crime Story, etc.). And kudos to Fox for releasing a Blu-ray set (wish they'd done one for Fargo S3, but I digress).

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
July