1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Legends of Tomorrow (Season 5)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Adam Lenhardt, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

The fifth season of the bonkers, timewarping DC ensemble series will premiere Tuesday, Jan. 21 at 9/8c on The CW.

Season 1 thread
    Season 2 thread
    Season 3 thread
    Season 4 thread

A special new episode will air the week before, serving as the culmination of the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover event.

As the end of season four, the Legends defeated Neron and changed the future, rewriting Zari's backstory in the process. In the revised timeline, Zari has been replaced by her previously dead brother Behrad, and only Nate (who was technically dead at the time) is aware that the timeline has changed. Can the Legends go back to who they were next season? Can a reformed arsonist turned romance novelist Mick Rory, a half-werewolf named Mona Wu, and a punk rocker shapeshifter named Charlie stop the literal Hell that Astra unleashes on the world in the finale? And what happens when the Legends awaken the original guardians of Time (no, not the Time Masters, sillies, that was season one!) who wish to erase everything the Legends have “screwed up for the better” over the past four seasons?

Keto Shimizu is serving as showrunner for the new season. Previous showrunner Phil Klemmer remains involved as an executive producer.

Official Trailer:

2. Garysb

Garysb Producer

3. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    I thought the premiere was a riot. Great stuff.

4. NeilO

NeilO Producer

It was a bit weird. I felt a "What We Do in the Shadows" vibe coming across the episode, especially with Rasputin.

5. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Me too. The show was fun again, which wasn't always the case for the back half of last season.

In particular, I'm glad the Time Bureau is done and over with. Having the split focus between the Waverider and the Time Bureau hurt the show, and cut down on the amount of time the show could spend on the Legends' missions.

I'm not the biggest fan of Ava as a character, but she works better as a the fish out of water on the Waverider than she did as the tight ass leader of the Time Bureau.

The character of Mona wasn't working, and the show very smartly found a way to write her out that felt in keeping with the characterization last season. That's not a reflection on Ramona Young, who played the character as written. But once they made her a Hawaiian werewolf, the character became very one note.

I was worried about them swapping out Zari for her brother, but Behrad was a lot of fun. Somehow, it seems impossible that this show made it to its fifth season before it introduced a stoner as a member of the crew. It'll be interesting to see how different Zari is in the new timeline, since Tala Ashe is still credited as a series regular.

I felt like previously, most of Constantine's scenes felt like we were dropped into his NBC series in the middle of a "Legends" episode. This episode found a way to have the character really operate on this show's wavelength. I was dying when he drank the bottle of Rasputin gore to get back to Hell.

I feel like that could be said about any episode of "Legends".

NeilO likes this.