What's new

Legends of Tomorrow (Season 4) (1 Viewer)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I've enjoyed this show from the beginning but this season has been my favorite by far. You can see and feel that the cast is having a lot of fun with it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've enjoyed this show from the beginning but this season has been my favorite by far. You can see and feel that the cast is having a lot of fun with it.
There's a strong argument to be made that every season of this show has been better than the last. The first season was pretty lousy, the second season was a significant improvement, the third season was great, this season is off to an even stronger start.

Once the writers figured out that this show was really a situation comedy in the format of an hour-long action/adventure show, things really clicked.

I think it also helps that this show does shorter runs. There's none of the padding and wheel spinning that the 24-episode season shows have.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Fun summer camp outing. Not the best show of the season, but fun nevertheless.
I think my main disappointment what that I was all geared up for Swamp Thing, and then got bummed by the bait and switch.

Saw the twist with the true identity of the youth-leeching witch coming a mile away.

The most important task of the episode was to get Charlie out of confinement and integrate her into the team. It did that pretty well. I liked that Mick was the one to extend that trust to her, and that the rest of the team ultimately backed that call.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Another fun episode, although they're leaning a bit too much into the realm of comedy with having the cast be camp counselors, de-aging Sarah and Ava, etc. Nevertheless, a fun episode as always.

Is Amaya gone now? Will we only be seeing Maisie Seller-Richardson as this new character?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Amaya was written out of the series in the third season finale. She was never intended to come back for the new season. Charlie was a way to keep Maisie Richardson-Sellers as a series regular.

Ah, thanks. I guess I didn't believe she was really gone at the end of season 3, inasmuch as no one is ever gone on these shows.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This was a very busy episode tonight with three plots going on simultaneously, all of them OK but none of them hitting quite the sweet spot for me. I guess I'm just not up on exactly how magical powers are working among various characters who possess them.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This was a very busy episode tonight with three plots going on simultaneously, all of them OK but none of them hitting quite the sweet spot for me.
I watched last night's "Supergirl" and then tonight's "Arrow" and then tonight's "Legends of Tomorrow" back-to-back-to-back. I probably grade this show on a curve because of that; the first two shows are pale shadows of their former selves, so "Legends" shines by comparison.

This wasn't my favorite episode, but there was a lot I liked. If I was a fan of Godzilla-style monster movies, I probably would have loved it.

Going into this episode, I really wanted Mick's romance novel to stay a secret that only he and Zari knew about. But Dominic Purcell really sold the hell out of it, and they managed the reveal in such a way that it didn't dilute his essential Mick-ness.

I appreciated the parallels with Charlie being established as the Legends' mythical creature expert and Mona being established as the Time Bureau's mythical creature expert, with very different personalities very much reflective of the two teams.

I'm really enjoying Tom Wilson as Nate's father. They managed to slip in one of Biff's signature lines in this episode.

Usually real life couples land really flat on screen, but there's a ton of chemistry between Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford as Ray and Nora. I continue to be gratified by the way Ray's decency brings out the decency in others.

I guess I'm just not up on exactly how magical powers are working among various characters who possess them.
None of the Arrowverse shows are especially great at laying out consistent rules and adhering to them, this one least of all. But basically with Charlie trapped in Amaya's form, the only two characters with magical powers are John Constantine and Nora Darhk. Constantine was dying because he transferred too much of his own life force into that camper last week to revive him after the succubus drained him nearly dry. Nora found a replacement energy source and used herself as the conduit to transfer it into him.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Fun show. Shades of Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris. Loved Hemingway and the Fitzgeralds and Dali. Great representations. Nate's dad has a good singing voice!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This is honestly my favorite hour of television each week. I just adore this show. The entire cast is great.

Tonight's episode was a particular highlight for me; every storyline was firing on all cylinders.

Given that they operated without Time Bureau resources just fine for the better part of three seasons, it strains credibility a little bit that they'd suddenly be so much of a budget suck. But it was worth it to get to see Biff Tannen sing a James Taylor song while accompanying himself on an acoustic guitar in order to lull a Minotaur to sleep. Tom Wilson is a gifted comedian, and this show is right up there with the Back to the Future movies for giving him great material to work with.

It was fun seeing Nate work a mission with the Legends again. I'm actually a little bummed that it looks like he's sticking with the Time Bureau. Him coming to terms with Charlie looking exactly like Amaya was an interesting thing to watch play out.

Mick had some particularly good lines this week. I particularly loved him bonding with Hemingway, author to author.

I already adore Ramona Young as Mona. She brings such a different energy to the show, but tonally the character is so in keeping with everything else that's going on. The girl bonding session between Nora, Ava, and Mona was just delightful.

The funny thing is that they made a joke about how Ray could disappear and nobody would notice, and then Ray disappeared and I didn't notice until he showed up stuck to the envelope.

Edited to add:
lot-tenderisthenate-meme.jpg

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, Ray's surprise reveal was another highlight of the hour for me. Love the character so much. His innocence and joie de vivre is so contagious.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Heartbreaking backstory for Constantine played beautifully by Matt Ryan.

Mick: "I hate puppets." Made me laugh out loud.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Another fun episode, especially with the "Originals" nods for Maisie Richardson-Sellers.

I do hope that this is the last time the show goes to the well of characters changing their own personal timelines.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Another really fun episode. I suspect after this we won't see many team members messing with their pasts. This disaster is what's keeping the team from participating in the Arrowverse crossover next week (that and too many actors to juggle for a story).

Is that feral guy that Mona likes supposed to be a DC character? He reminds me of Wolverine. Wasn't there a Teen Titan way back in the 60s that was a caveman? Is this that guy?

If Charlie gets her shape-shifting powers back, what does that mean for Maisie Richardson-Sellers? I suspect she won't be getting them back.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My gosh, where to start. Hilarity at the three "episodes" featuring members of the team in new personas (the screen credits made me burst out laughing). The funny dismissal of their non-participation in the crossover event. The BIG surprise reveal at the end. Great show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks