1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Legends of Tomorrow (Season 3)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Adam Lenhardt, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

From the two-parter that airs immediately after the "Crisis on Earth-X" four-way crossover later this month:
    LegendsOfTomorrow_S03_009.jpg

2. Adam Lenhardt

Fun episode tonight, I especially loved the old school title card.

I do really miss when the four DC CW shows would each open a night, Monday through Thursday, though. By the time I get around to this on overstuffed Tuesdays, I'm dozing off and on through the hour.

Richard V likes this.
  3. 23 Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    David Weicker

David Weicker Cinematographer

David
    I fully understand why they chose the film actress they did.
    Unfortunately throughout the episode, a voice in my head kept saying “that’s Hedley”

4. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    This week's show was a hoot, and actually informative. Never really followed Ms. LeMar's career (That's not HEADLY), was very surprised to know she was a science genius as well as a stunningly beautiful actress. What a great show this continues to be, week in and week out.

5. Adam Lenhardt

One thing I forgot to mention last night: This episode was the first confirmation we've gotten that Themyscira exists on Earth-1 and therefore Wonder Woman could make an appearance in the Arrowverse down the road.

Richard V likes this.
  6. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    I noted that as well, genius way to introduce the Wonder Woman mythology for a possible arc in the future.

7. 27 Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 8:05 AM
    Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    This was a terrific episode, loads of fun. Of course, it was great to see the Wonder Woman reference at the end. Let's hope that's not all we see of it.

One thing: Sarah and Darhk have to stop fighting to the death every time we see them. Otherwise, it's another "Whoops, he got away again!"

8. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    Anyone know how many episode the show will have this season? IMDb lists 18, which is one more than last season (which was one more than the season before). Any idea why it's always a shorter season than the other Arrowverse shows?

Also, is Supergirl having a shorter season? IMDb only lists 15 season 3 episodes.

9. 29 Nov 17, 2017 at 10:22 PM
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 10:31 PM
    Adam Lenhardt

Click here for photos from “Supergirl”: “Crisis on Earth X, Part 1”
    Click here for photos from “Arrow”: “Crisis on Earth X, Part 2”
    Click here for photos from “The Flash”: “Crisis on Earth X, Part 3”

LegendsOfTomorrow_S03_010.jpg
    Harry and Cisco Pilot the Waverider. Pictured (L-R): Tala Ashe as Zari Tomaz, Tom Cavanagh as Harry Wells, Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Amaya Jiwe/Vixen, Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost and Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Vibe

LegendsOfTomorrow_S03_011.jpg
    Class of 2017. Pictured (L-R)
    (TOP): Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer/Atom, Tom Cavanagh as Harry Wells, Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory/Heat Wave
    (MIDDLE): Echo Kellum as Curtis Holt/Mr.Terrific, Wentworth Miller as Leo-X/Citizen Cold, Russell Tovey as Ray Terrill/The Ray, Chyler Leigh as Alex Danvers, Rick Gonzalez as Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog, Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Vibe, Candice Patton as Iris West and Juliana Harkavy as Dinah Drake/Black Canary
    (BOTTOM): Nick Zano as Nate Heywood/Citizen Steel, Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost, Caity Lotz as Sara Lance/White Canary, Melissa Benoist as Kara/Supergirl, Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Tala Ashe as Zari Tomez and Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Amaya Jiwe/Vixen

Given that the crossover this year is literally one 160-minute movie split into four parts, I really hope that they include the entire crossover in each of the season Blu-Rays.

The CW only programs 10 hours of primetime a week, which is significantly less than the 18 hours that the Big Three (CBS, NBC, ABC) program and even the 13 hours that FOX programs. As a result, they program roughly half their schedule like a broadcast network with 22-23 episodes and the other half like a cable network, with two slates of shorter seasons. "Arrow", "The Flash" and "Supergirl" are programmed like broadcast shows, while "Legends of Tomorrow" (along with the upcoming "Black Lightning") is on the long side of the cable show programming model.

In an excellent, in-depth Collider interview with co-showrunner Marc Guggenheim, it was confirmed that this season is 18 episodes. Given the unique production challenges of the show, with a large ensemble cast with no clear lead and only one standing set, "18 is probably the most we can do. It's a very, very, very ambitious show, even compared to the other shows because of the ensemble nature.”

"The budget's pretty similar to the other super-powered shows, it's just the production challenges are” greater than the other series. "Every week we have to create a new time period. And every week we've gotta have all of these different kind of super powers on display. On 'Flash,' he's just running fast. On 'Supergirl' she’s flying. But we've got three characters who fly and ... in Thawne last year we had a guy who was running fast, and ... the nature of the show is, you've got all of the different visual effects gags that all the shows do combined, plus time travel, plus historical accuracy, plus new costumes, new locations. It's madness."

I couldn't find a confirmed episode count, but I'm almost certain that it will be 20-23 episodes. I think IMDB only shows 15 because episode 15 is the episode they're working on right now. None of the stuff I've read about episode 15 describes it as the season finale.

Sam Favate likes this.
  10. Adam Lenhardt

I thought last night's episode was really stellar. Gorilla Grodd as king of the jungle smack dab in the middle of the Vietnam War is a concept that is too delicious to resist.

But the real power of the episode was Mick coming face to face with his father. This is a man who tormented and abused him as a child, and whom he in turn murdered via arson. Mick had a very strong opinion of what kind of man his father was, and that played heavily into his feelings about the maybe-accidental fire that burned down his childhood home, with both parents still inside. The version of Mick's father we meet here isn't a good man, per se, but he isn't the burnt out monster that Mick thought him to be either.

I'm kind of rooting against them finding a way to make Jax solo Firestorm. I'd much rather they use Stein's pending departure as an opportunity to add another crew member and give Firestorm a different dynamic. If they brought on Gehenna as the new second half of Firestorm, that would balance out the team with four males and four females.

Next week, these ongoing storylines take a break as the Legends of Tomorrow pay a visit to 2017 for the Wedding of Barry Allen and Iris West. An extended trailer:

And a poster:
    DCTV-Crossover_2017_Fall_002.jpg

11. DaveHof3

DaveHof3 Stunt Coordinator

David Hofstede
    The older Brandon Routh gets, the more he looks like Superman -more than Henry Cavill ever will.