LEGEND info on AICN

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jefferson Morris, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Jefferson Morris

Jefferson Morris Supporting Actor

A couple of reports from folks who saw a Blade Runner director's cut screening with Ridley Scott in attendance offer conflicting info over the Legend DVD release.
    One attendee says Scott indicated that the disc is due sometime this winter, but another attendee says Christmas 2002. I'm hoping/assuming the second guy just got his dates mixed up.
    Scott apparently also mentioned a possible theatrical re-release for the new Legend cut. T'would be nice.
    The reports are here:
    http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=10291
    --Jefferson Morris
    [Edited last by Jefferson Morris on September 24, 2001 at 11:30 AM]

2. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

Well, I was at the very same screening and didn't hear word one about a theatrical release for the director's cut of Legend. His comments about the DVD release were that it will either be out just before this Christmas or early in the new year-- NOT Christmas 2002. I sincerely doubt we'll see a theatrical rerelease of Legend, unless it's on the festival circuit only.
    The Blade Runner disc, however, might be different than what you expect-- he says he wants to tighten up a few moments in the "Director's Cut" that seem a bit slow without the narration (they were extended takes used to allow for the use of the narr.) and might very well add the infamous "hospital scene" where Deckard visits Holden that's never been in any cut of the film. Apparently the Q&A session after the film was videotaped (I think I saw Charlie De Lauzirika there) for possible use on the DVD; I hope they edit out the sections where Ridley keeps saying that he first noticed Harrison Ford playing "Luke Skywalker"!

3. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

4. Charles de Lauzirika

Insider

5. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

Alas, my friend and I were stuck up in the balcony next to the two cute girls hollering out questions about the score, so our attention was elsewhere.
    Seriously, though, what happened to the scene in Blade Runner where we get to see the actual cutting of the brain? I SWEAR I saw this in the original version back in 1982. [​IMG]
    Hope to see you this weekend at Dave's!

6. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden

7. Ken Stuart

Ken Stuart Second Unit

Bringing to the top over the inaccurate thread...