Legend - I like the Tangerine Dream score now!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Mirza, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

I have to tell you that since I got the TD score to Legend, I have come to like this album immensely. I'm curious to see what Legend is going to be like with Goldsmith's score, but I'm so happy that the TD-scored version is available as well in the UE.

For years I found the TD score to be lame... maybe I was angry with the amount of footage trimmed out of the film and consequently just hated everything about the 89m US version. But now, having listened to the soundtrack like 30 times detached from the film, I have come to appreciate TD contribution to the film.

It IS NOT hack work by them... indeed it's very melodic and intricate.

Just one of my daily thoughts on Legend. Good Lord, I can't wait for this DVD anymore!!

2. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

The TD score, adds a whole new dimension to the movie IMO.

3. Sam Hatch

Sam Hatch Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I've been sticking up for it as well. I think the fact that it accompanies the worst cut of the film immediately creates a connection with people that it must be worse than Goldsmith's score.

And when detached from the visuals, the music by itself is still excellent!

4. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Ive only seen the US cut version of this movie. Im looking foward to see with the Goldsmith score.

I always liked the TD score.

Its awesome we can hear both on the DVD.

5. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

And don't forget that the R2 version of the DVD is going to contain the 94m Euro cut with the Goldsmith score!