What's new

Pre-Order Legend (1985) Limited Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
LEGENDBLU3_1000x.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
No surprise that the Director's Cut does not appear to be remastered. There's not much they can do with it.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I would have much rather had a 4K Dolby Vision HDR on this dazzling film with Dolby Atmos of the wonderful Tangerine Dream score.

But like the Bible says, You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I may be wrong, but after reading through his tweets he seems to be talking specifically about the Director's Cut elements, not the Theatrical Cut.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
He is referring to the Director's cut. It only exists in an answer print which barely had enough visual information for Blu-ray when it was remastered 10 years ago.

That being said, J-D-C Scope is the 4k equivalent of the Fargo woodchipper so I'm not surprised Arrow elected to do their restoration of the theatrical cut in 2k.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Ask 10 different people which is the best version of Legend, and you'll get 10 different answers (and there's only three versions :)).

Seriously, everyone seems to have a different opinion about why their favorite cut is the best, and that's one of the things that makes this movie so fascinating.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
This was on a postcard included in my copy of Tremors. I'm pretty sure this means that another postcard teaser, Inglorious Basterds, is coming...

I've never seen Legend before and I've seen pretty much all of the good, the bad and the ugly that Ridley Scott has made during his incredible career. It's obviously a cult movie. Is it as bad as A Good Year?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This was on a postcard included in my copy of Tremors. I'm pretty sure this means that another postcard teaser, Inglorious Basterds, is coming...
Inglourious Basterds must be their big fall/holidays release so I'd guess it'll be out in October or November.

I've never seen Legend before and I've seen pretty much all of the good, the bad and the ugly that Ridley Scott has made during his incredible career. It's obviously a cult movie. Is it as bad as A Good Year?
I think if you're into mid-80's fantasy movies like The Dark Crystal, The Never Ending Story, or Labyrinth, you might enjoy Legend too.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Ask 10 different people which is the best version of Legend, and you'll get 10 different answers (and there's only three versions :)).

Seriously, everyone seems to have a different opinion about why their favorite cut is the best, and that's one of the things that makes this movie so fascinating.

I won't ever watch the theatrical again. Crappy editing, medioce Tangerine Dream score (Universal has thrown away the better score more than once: remember the TORN CURTAIN debacle?) Director's cut: more finely-tuned, with magnificent Goldsmith music.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
IMO the film is a glorious trainwreck no matter which version you're talking about, but it's worth it for Tim Curry's performance (and his amazing makeup) alone.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Inglourious Basterds must be their big fall/holidays release so I'd guess it'll be out in October or November.

I think if you're into mid-80's fantasy movies like The Dark Crystal, The Never Ending Story, or Labyrinth, you might enjoy Legend too.
I'm going to add that is as close a feature film has ever gotten to the role playing game 'Dungeons and Drangons'. Emphasis on the underworld, and demons. But also goblins, wights, fairies, and unicorns. I think nostalgia, and the alignment of my role playing adventures at the time it was released is the reason I like it so much.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Theatrical (or more precisely the US Domestic version) is a complete mess. Not unwatchable mind you, but its really to go back to after you see what Ridley was trying to do before Sid Sheinberg put a boot on his throat.

Moleman X

Agent
Real Name
Rob Peace
I'm going to add that is as close a feature film has ever gotten to the role playing game 'Dungeons and Drangons'. Emphasis on the underworld, and demons. But also goblins, wights, fairies, and unicorns. I think nostalgia, and the alignment of my role playing adventures at the time it was released is the reason I like it so much.
I always thought Conan The Destroyer owned that title!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks