What's new

Legally Blonde Ruined for Having it "Both Ways" (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Reading DVD File it looks as thou we have our first disk that is compromisd for trying to serve two publics. THe Disk contains Both a Pan and Scan and a anamorphic wide screen version. I applaud MGM for this. But then it also tries to cram in a whole boatload of extras. It seems in doing so the compression is really noticible. So while JSP and Walmart gets their "Screen Filled up" us HT enthusiasts have to suffer a bad Widescreen Image. I would rather give up the whole Boatload of extras. I'm not happy about that. But I'd sacrifice it for a better transfer.
Damn JSP to Hell !

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'd wait to see the disc before judging. With all due respect to Peter Bracke, I've found DVD File's reviews to be particularly unreliable of late. I know of at least two instances where they slammed the video quality of discs when the discs were, to my eye, quite good. (The titles are The Blob and Tales from the Darkside.)
BTW, their description of the disc is hard to decipher. It sounds like the same format as Terminator: a dual-layer on one side, with a single layer on the other (I believe that's called a DVD-14). If that's what MGM used, there should be no problem fitting two versions of the film, plus extras.
M.
[Edited last by Michael Reuben on October 13, 2001 at 10:22 AM]

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
DVDFILE said the transfer was great except for some compression artifacts. They loved everything else about it.
Although I don't understand why MGM didn't just put the pan-n-scan on the flip side, it sure doesn't sound like LB was "ruined."

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I think that (I'm not sure, so don't quote me on it :)) both the widescreen and pan and scan versions are on the dual-layer side while the extras are on the single-layered side.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well If they are using a DVD14 then it might not be so bad afterall, maybe this is the solution we are all looking for. Let's Salute MGM for this I was'nt planning on picking this disk up but now I just might.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks