Legal DTS Downloads

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Larry Rod, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Larry Rod

Larry Rod Auditioning

Does anybody know of any websites where you can legally dowload DTS or Dolby Digital encoded material to play on your CD player. There is a site that allows you to download DTS and DD material but it is in Swedish. If you want to know the website just ask me. I'm looking for something similar although in english.

I posted this here two years ago. There was not much out there then, how about now.

2. Chris Lanni

Chris Lanni Stunt Coordinator

Christopher
    Here is a site with trailers, though I do not know the specifics of .vob exensions.

Dolby & DTS Trailers

Do not know if this will help or not, but it was all I could find.

Gods Love
    chris

3. JoshGivens

JoshGivens Stunt Coordinator

I can't get any of those to work.

4. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit

I can play them with Intervideo WinDVD 6 You could use that

5. JoshGivens

Are you playing them straight from the site or are you saving them somewhere. When I try to open them I get an error with WMP, and when I try to save them it only give me the option to save a us.htm file.

6. JoshGivens

Do you have to be registered on the site or something?

7. Ryan Leemhuis

I can do either. How are you trying to save them? You can't right click on them to save them. You will need to left click them. it should allow you to save them that way. If not try going to File->open and copying the URL into there if you can. You need a Mpeg2 decoder, I can't play them through windows media player, I would try a dedicated DVD player

8. Ryan Leemhuis

Actually write clicking worked even though they come up as saving as html files. They are REALLY cool videos so I would recommend getting a DVD program if you have to

9. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

I have no problem playing those files in Zoom player or TT, I just downloaded them and played them, they work great!

I have everything running from an HTPC and video server, so I have no need to burn them, but you could compile your own DVD and burn it if you wanted, too.

I see now that the original question was for playing on a CD player, AFAIK you need the DTS cd material, not video material, as VOB files are video. I don't know where you can download DTS tracks to burn to cd as such, and I don't know how you'd do that. Different question.

10. Larry Rod

Larry Rod Auditioning

Thanks Chris. But those are short little trailers. I'm talking about audio stuff like music (orchestra, symphony) and other audio stuff. I would post the that Swedish website that I was talking about but HTF won't let me just yet. If you want the website so you can understand what I am talking about let me know and I will e-mail you the URL.

11. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Larry, I know what you mean, you want to basically make a DTS "CD" like the ones you can buy. I don't know how/where to find material to do so. I do recall some DD tracks, perhaps they were DTS that you could download, it wasn't like real music I don't think, but there's probably stuff out there somewhere. You'd have more satisfaction I think if you just bought DTS disc though...