What's new

Legacy Audio electronics (1 Viewer)

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
Does anyone here have any experience with Legacy Audio electronic components? In particular, I am interested in their High Current Preamp - an older model that is now superceded by the Streamline preamp as I have been offered one 2nd hand for $US550.

The website contains very little usable information and our local distributor only handles their speaker range. Any information (even on their other products) would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, as far as I know legacy still uses coda to make there electronics for them. And coda, if you did not know is a very respectable higher end manufacturer of electronic equipment for a few audio companies. I am not sure how good there pre-amps are, but there amplifiers are very good. Coda web site is www.coda-continuum.com Hope this helps alittle.:)

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
Thanks Dave. Do you know if the Legacy Audio designs are anything like the Coda ones? The Legacy Audio website has no technical details at all on their products.

SteveMo

Stunt Coordinator
I have a thousand Watt Amp for my car. Sounds great but I'm sure the power is over rated . It can get very hot. It sometimes quits working becasue it gets overloaded very easily. It's a very good value for the quality. I payed 120 dollars for a new one at a wholesale show.

The sound was alright. It's very warm sounding and the range is alright. Every car trunk may be different however.

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
Car audio? I haven't seen anything about that on their website or anywhere else.

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Legacy car audio has nothing to do with the home audio brand legacy. Craig, from what I remember the components used in the legacy were the same high quality components in the coda and same for the design, this was at least the case with the amplifiers. See is you can find any pics of the older coda preamps, you will probably find they look just like the legacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks