What's new

left side of image seems.. compressed? (1 Viewer)

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Sony 53hs30, and the first 2-3 inches of the picture appears to have a problem. The effect looks like the lenticluar screen is bowed slightly inward on this side, and I suppose it actually could be. I have never removed the screens, so Im not sure how flexable they are, or how I would tighten them up if I did open the case. I have tried to adjust this using software, but I cant seem to find any controls that would adjust only one side. Any suggestions? I think my pincusion problems are finally all fixed by using the rpin bpin gpin controls, so horizontal lines are pretty much straight across. Things just seem a bit thin when they move to the left and out of view. Does this make sense? Thanks!

RyanDinan

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Stephen,
Im not sure if you know about this resource, but check out the Sony HDTV YahooGroup here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sonyhs10/
We have TONS of files and fixes for these sets. It sounds like you may need to adjust and center your internal convergence grid, then fix any geometry errors on that side.
-Ryan Dinan

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, I am a member of this group and have asked here before with no replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks