Led Zeppelin live on DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Foley, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Tom Foley

Tom Foley Stunt Coordinator

Note the question mark.[​IMG]
    Tight But Loose , which is probably the best site for Led Zeppelin news, reports that a three-disc DVD set of Led Zeppelin performances is in the works, and scheduled for a November 18 release. Their words, not mine: "It will happen - and probably this year." And no, they are NOT referring to a bootleg release, but an official release. I have seen this posted elsewhere on the net by other in-the-know people.
    The three concerts that are to appear on the DVD are: 1/9/70, Royal Albert Hall, London; May 1975, one of the concerts at Earls Court, London; and 8/4/79 or 8/11/79, Knebworth Festival, Stevenage. Apparently, each concert will be contained on one DVD.
    Any Zep fans out there who know to what German website they are referring? Anybody with Warner connections that can verify something?
    My thought is: why throw them all together? Why not stretch it out and sell them one at a time? Anyway, hope there's some truth to this. If so, we should be hearing something official soon. As if November won't be expensive enough. [​IMG]

2. Stephen Ford

Stephen Ford Stunt Coordinator

All I know is that Id buy them all and Iv been waiting a while for all that Zep footage to be available.
    [​IMG]

3. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I have a copies of the Albert Hall and Knebworth concerts.

As a long time fan I have lots of Led Zepelin bootleg stuff.I had no clue-its great to get these shows on DVD as I always babied the tapes afraid that if they got eaten I couldnt replace them.

Led Zeppelin was a great live band especially in their early years,and its good that people will finally see this stuff.
    The Song Remains The Same concert was never satisfying becuase they were hamming it up for the cameras.
    In fact they released that becuase they had no choice. Robert Plant was in a car crash and in a body cast- they decided to release the film to keep fans happy since they knew it would be awhile before they get a chance to get anything else out.

Very cool news!!

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Will this be released R1?

It's great they are hitting three different periods. I always liked the Knebworth show since it featured songs off of In Through (particularly In the Evening). It's been a while since I've listened to my tapes, but I remember '75 being a generally good year.

5. John_W_Jr

John_W_Jr Stunt Coordinator

I certainly can't wait for this release. I've read in a recent book about John Bonham that he, John, thought the Earl's Court gigs were some of their best performances up to that time.
    YEA!

6. Jonny R

Jonny R Agent

7. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

8. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

wow this is really great news indeed.
    [​IMG]

9. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

Wow that would be awesome.
    The Song Remains The Same just doesnt cut it for me. I want more [​IMG]

10. Tom Foley

Tom Foley Stunt Coordinator

I found that German site that leaked the release:
    http://www.dvdinside.de/archiv/0802/120802-11.htm
    I also saw the HMV site link (they have a different release date: HMV shows 11/11, the other one shows 11/18). Though a link to pre-order is never a definite, I would say that they are pretty confident about the release and that it's not just rumor.
    But I have to say, there should have been something official about this already if the release is sometime in mid-November. This would be released by Warner, and we usually hear about a popular release by one of the major distribution companies like this (on box set, no less) at least a few months in advance. I hope we see something official VERY soon.