Led Zeppelin: Complete Studio Recordings

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Broadman, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I finally got around to replacing my old Zep CDs with the 10 CD box set of their complete studio recordings. It is so great. It consists of 5 thin double CD gatefolds. The original artwork is included, as well as an booklet with some pictures and an essay. These are the same remasters that went into the other box sets, but this is much more enjoyable for me as it allows me to listen to the albums in the proper running order. With a few exceptions (mostly singer-songwriter stuff), I shun box sets and compilations, preferring albums, so this is the perfect solution.

Zeppelin is the greates band in my book. Oh sure, there are other groups I listen to more now, but Zep started it all for me. As a young ignorant teen, my Dad sat me down one day and made me hear some Zepellin. Black Dog, Over the Hills and Far Away, Houses of the Holy... I was hooked. Through Zep, I got interested in the blues, which eventually led me to discover jazz, as well as other older rock music.

Listening to this stuff after not hearing it for a while is so great. I highly recommend this set.

2. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

I've owned this set since it first arrived, Mike. Between the great remastered sound and the complete original artwork this is a gem for any Led Zeppelin fan. Very highly recommended. [​IMG]

3. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

I owned the two LZ boxed sets (4 discs and 2 discs respectively.) I ended up getting rid of those two in favor of the Complete Studio Recordings, even though they have the same content, because the albums are in order on the CSR box. The albums make more "sense" in their original running order. If you're into LZ, you might as well just buy the CSR box, since most of what they did was darn good and you'll want it later on.

4. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

You should check out a great 2CD Rhino Yardbirds compilation...as see some of the sources of their genius !

5. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

I've also had this set since it first came out. Well worth it. This is what boxed sets should always strive to be.