What's new

Led Zeppelin backwards satanic message? (1 Viewer)

George See

Second Unit

Actually I find it much easier to do it with todays technology then on a Record player. I did this with the Beatles not too long ago, I just saved a .wav file on my computer of #9 and basically hit 1 button to reverse and the hit play, instant backwards song.

cwhite

Second Unit
"another one bites the dust" by Queen. Backwards: "Devil says smoke marijuana" or "decide to smoke marijuana" You be the judge.

The opening bars of "Snowblind" by Stxy found on Paradise Theater says something like "Satan moves through our voices"

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Heh, I love the bit in 'Little Nicky' when the metal heads are showing Nicky the hidden messages on an Ozzy album. Nicky says that there isn't anything hidden on the album because the Ozzman comes right out and says it. Then he shows them the satanic messages on a Chicago album. Good Stuff :D

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member

My bad...I was thinking of other groups. The #9 (turn me on dead man) fell under the coincidence category.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I had always thought of the Stairway to Heaven backwards message as an urban legend...

Until my sophomore year in college (1993), I was friends with a guy who was born in the wrong decade - he would have fit right in in the 70s. Anyway he actually had the vinyl of Zep 4 and a really old turntable that you could manually spin either direction (as opposed to those fancy belt driven ones that only went forward).

Anyway one night a bunch of us were looking through his collection and found the Zep 4 album, and someone said "Hey I wonder if the My Sweet Satan message is for real." Someone remembered it was supposed to be around the "there's still time to change the road you're on" line so we played it until that point, then manually stopped the record and spun it backwards...none of us were really expecting to hear anything. At best, something like the "do it" message that Judas Priest was sued for (and that I don't think was very clear cut at all)...

It gave all of us a bit of the heebie jeebies when we heard it. :D It clearly wasn't an accident that it was there.

Alex Shk

Stunt Coordinator

Strangely enough - I had a reel to reel back in the day, and we recorded several people clearly articulating the words "Number Nine". When you played it backwards it always sounded like turn me on dead man.

It also sounded like "rerm me ahh ded ma", which is what it really sounds like on The Beatle record. Without the power of suggestion (i.e. - you know what to listen for before you hear it) you would probably find all of these just backwards gibberish.

Now the backing vocals at the end of the song "Rain" clearly sound like a part of the chorus when played in reverse. That's because they ARE backwards (and sound like it) when played forwards. For anyone to believe that these "clues" were intentionally placed on a record, I offer this challenge: try to come up with a coherent line of lyric that will reveal your "secret message" when played backwards. Remember: for intentional placement, you must have the intended backwards message first. Anything else is just coincidence.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Another funny won was Iron Maiden's album Piece of Mind. Right before the track "Still Life" there's some weird sounds, where they took drummer Nicko McBrain, got him hammered, and recorded him doing an impersonation of someone. They then reversed it and stuck it onn the album, just to mock some of the people who were accusing them of Satanic messages on their previous album "The Number of the Beast" (having clearly never heard the title track off said album). The track "Die With Your Boots On" was another potshot at such doomsayers.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

Part of what you mentioned when played backwards is very understandable. There are two sentences. One is very hard to understand but the other one goes "Don't meddle with things you don't understand".

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
DMT,
They accused OZZY of having that message in Suicide Solution- it wasnt on Stained Class.

I dont know if this is true or not, but supposedly Judas Priest did record a backwards message as a stab when all the 80s anti-metal crusades were going on. I dont rememeber the album, but theres a message on one of the songs that says something like "We drink milk".

The Religious,ignorant and self righteous have always picked on rock. I was a KISS fan when I was a kid in the mid-late 70s,I clearly rememeber the day my aunt told me Kiss stands for Knights In Satans Service :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks