What's new

LED TV Recommendations - 56" - 65" (1 Viewer)

Rockefella

Auditioning
Real Name
Damian
Hello all, I am planning on purchasing an LED TV in the 60" range. From experience I'd like to go in the direction of Samsung or Pioneer but am open to any suggestions. Budget is $2500, give or take a couple hundred. For what it's worth, I have a Pioneer VSX-1021K 7.1 Receiver on the way and am also in the market for speakers. This likely has no impact on the TV model for purchase but figured I'd throw that in there. The television will be in our living room by some windows if glare should be taken into account. Also, if calibration is required that's fine too. With all that being said, what would you guys recommend as the best bang for the dollar deal in that range?

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
The Sony Bravia 720 60" is $2400 on Amazon, and is a good set by a couple of owners ive talked too. I had a Samsung D8000 LED LCD, not very impressed with it because it's side lit results. The Sharp Quattron 60" is $1800 and seems to be doing well by owner accounts. There is no Pioneer LCD.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings The Pioneer/Sharp Elite ... so yes there is ... but not for $2500 unless you buy it from the back of a truck. :D Sharps are weak on Viewing angles. The Samsungs are not the best but they are better than the sharp. Higher end units tend to have a plexiglass like surface which adds a lot of reflections onto the screen if there is no light control in the room. The backlight in the TV may not be enough to combat this. Samsungs calibrate out better than the Sharps as calibration controls are more functional on the Samsung ... LG units calibrate well and have the best viewing angles on the LCD side of things. They also have reflective faces so plenty of glare there too. regards

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Well, in all fairness, it is being branded as an "Elite", nothing else ;) And yeah, no way in hell he's getting that display in that range :) "© 2011 Sharp Electronics Corporation, all rights reserved. Elite and the Elite logo are trademarks of the Pioneer Corporation and are used under license Elite LCD TVs are currently only available in the U.S. and Canada" I personally prefer Sharponeer :P

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings If the set has nothing to do with pioneer ... then why was it front and center at the pioneer booth at CEDIA? The people demoing the display all wore these black elite shirts ... embroidered on the front. On their back left shouldler ... in small red letters ... the sharp logo on the same shirt If you did not go to CEDIA, it is understandable why you would not know this ... :) regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks