What's new

Leaving my job (1 Viewer)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Just made upmy mind this morning. I have had it with where i work and i am DONE. I have been doing Home theater now for Over 12 years and have been with this co.now for over 3. we have been a little on the slow side the last couple of months and its been hard on all the guys here. Well a few weeksago My boss decides that he should get a new FORD GT. He says parking out front will Improve Business. God forbid he takes that money and puts into the compmay some other way. Maybe a higher salery for his employees or a coat of paint on the building. Hell no lets go out and leases a 163K car.WTF.

Now I just found out that he just hired a new sales person, WHAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the slowest Time of the year and he does this? FUCK IT IM DONE.

My Brother owns a glass Co. He installs store fronts for retail stores and auto glass. Well he needed me for the day to helphim with a store front for brand new Micheals that is being built. I was up at 4:30 yesterday morning and I got home at 10:30 last night. All I can say is I HAD A FUCKING BLAST WORKING. Im going to work for him.

later

Joe D

Supporting Actor
If a business owner parked a $150K car in the front of a store I would think I'm being ripped off for the services that they provide and look elsewhere.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
you know Joe I was Thinking the same thing. when I was young My dad always said that you never go to the barber where here parks his nice car outfront. He doesnt need the money. go to the guy with shitbox parked out front.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
So true. In Vegas the Gas company has the crappiest building known to man and they seem to have little public resistance when they raise their rates, yet the Power company has a relatively new, massive multi million dollar state of the art building and they get seriously criticized by the public for even mentioning raising the rates.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
There has got to be another side to this story. No one stays in business that long with such bizarre decisions.

--
H

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Heck, if I'm buying a $150k car, I'm not parking it anywhere, I'd be driving that thing 24/7. Heck, for that kind of money, I'd be living in that thing.

Only thing I can think of perhaps being a useful sales tool, is if he was in the car audio business. I see lots of fancy cars at car audio shops.

Jay

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, so I'm out of touch with the car industry, but since when does Ford make a 163K car? What on earth is it?

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Your boss must be taking home about $3m a year if he's spending that much on a car.

Parking a car like that anywhere (for any length of time) other than home in the garage would be crazy. Those new GT's seem to be about as rare as Ferrari F430's and I'm somewhat surprised to see one for $163k unless it has many miles on it. The last thing I would want to do is park it anywhere where it could get "dinged up."

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor

I have no idea. we need to expand to keep up with the industry and he cannot see that. More trucks More installers and a better infrastructure. Nope he sees getting that car as a business expence.

Im the top guy there. He is going to be beside himself when i drop the bomb later today

Steve Ridges

Stunt Coordinator
Think of this way. If business is slow, you need more customers. A Ford GT will bring the teenagers in droves (they buy lots of low dollar junk with high margins). Also, a high end car will make the store seem elite and possible draw a more sophisticated clientel with big $$$$ to spend.

I would never "drop the bomb" on any employer. Talk to him and explain you had other offers and find out if he's interest in giving you a raise. If not, part on good terms (and at least get a ride in the GT!).

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Ford GT is a race car that happens to be street legal. I couldnt see buying it to park. That thing is made for the track. 163k Would have bought a very nice and very large sign. I think that would have made more sense in front of a business.

But.. If I had 163k and had to buy a supercar. Ford GT would be my choice too.

check out this great (short also) GT story.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/02/26/e...ites-the-dust/

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Yeah, you'd think. I've seen (and worked for) so many private business owners who are such complete and utter morons that I'm at a complete loss to explain how they ever came into enough money to even start, much less take decades running into the ground, their own businesses. For some reason, these people think that having money (and a business) somehow makes them captains of industry, masterful leaders of their workforce.

I just don't get how this is even remotely possible, but I see it all the time.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
I typed up 2 letters for my manager and the owner of the company. They look on thier faces was just priceless. The owner tried to win me back saying that the car is a write off and that he can FLIPit any time. So what It still is money that should go back into the company. My paernts are all worried that i wont be able to pay for my car and House. I told them just in gas and tolls savings alone will pay for 1/3 of my car. Plus my Brother is paying me really well for someone who Just started. He is going to be teaching me auto glass and more of the trade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks