What's new

Leaving drywall outside (covered) (1 Viewer)

derek

Second Unit
I have 100 sheets of drywall sitting in my driveway from Home Depot. No way can I move all of that in till at least a week or two. If I cover it with tarp is it ok to keep outside for a bit? It may be a dumb question but I'm unsure if the summer heat/humidity could damage it? TIA.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Is it on a skid or is it sitting right on the ground? If its not on a skid i would move it inside.

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
Although drywall is more stable than other building materials, after you bring it inside, let it adjust to your room for a couple of days before hanging it.

David

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
I'd second Jimi in making sure it wasn't directly on the ground. I don't know this to be a problem, but I'd be nervous about it.

Especially if we get anything from Dennis or Erin before you get it under cover. (I'm near Baltimore, and we got 3.5" from Cindy.)

Leo

MarkLaf

Stunt Coordinator
As long as it is on blocks or dunnage as they call it. It can sit there for months covered I would use some 4 mil poly and then a blue tarp over that seeing as I deliver it ever day of my life and you will have no problems!!

Mark

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
plus, Home Depots all around my area have it in big stacks under their 'covered contractor loading areas' up on the disposable 'sheetrock pallets' (essentially, what, stacks of 5"x4'x.5" sheetrock scraps?)

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks