Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Title: Leave No Trace

Genre: Drama

Director: Debra Granik

Cast: Ben Foster, Thomasin McKenzie, Jeff Kober, Dale Dickey, Dana Millican, Ayanna Berkshire

Release: 2018-06-29

Runtime: 108

Plot: A father and daughter live a perfect but mysterious existence in Forest Park, a beautiful nature reserve near Portland, Oregon, rarely making contact with the world. But when a small mistake tips them off to authorities, they are sent on an increasingly erratic journey in search of a place to call their own.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Leave No Trace is the new movie from Debra Granik, who previously directed Winter's Bone. played at Sundance and, as of this writing, has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes from 132 reviews counted. It's expanding wider this weekend and opening here. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. Plus, Ben Foster was so great in Hell or High Water, I'm looking forward to seeing him again in what seems like a very different role.

Has anyone already gone in its earlier limited release?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm just back from seeing this. I really don't want to say too much about it since the plot is pretty basic and I don't want to spoil it, but I thought the movie was simply outstanding and would highly recommend checking it out if it's playing near you. Ben Forster is great as usual, but Thomasin Harcourt McKenzie gives one of those rare revelatory a-star-is-born performances, and the movie is really special.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I look forward to hearing what you think, Wayne.
I liked it very much, a touching Father/Daughter film that could also function as a coming of age film. I plan to rewatch Winter's Bone (The director's previous film) later tonight.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Box Office Mojo says Blecker Street added 50 more theaters for Leave No Trace this weekend, for a new total of 361. I just wanted to note the continued expansion because it's really good, and if it's now available near any of you who haven't had it before, it's very much worth seeking out.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I wanted to bump this old thread to report that Amazon Prime Video is now streaming Leave No Trace with the cost of membership. I know there are a lot of Prime members around here. So, if you're curious about the film and missed it in theaters but don't want to do a blind purchase of the Blu-ray, here's your chance to check it out. It's great.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks