What's new

Leave it to beaver season 3? (1 Viewer)

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Just addressing an earlier note:
The Incredible Hulk Season 1 is on single-sided disks, not double-sided. I just finished watching them all.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bring on Season 3! :D

I seem to be in the minority on this one. I prefer young Beaver.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
That is, I find the earlier episodes to have much more warmth than the later ones when Beaver gets all geeky and awkward. The simple storylines with a basic message for the kids and parents are what make the show for me.

Don't get me wrong....it's all good. But the earlier episodes rule! :D

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
FYI.....

Someone at the SitcomsOnline.com LITB Forum has posted one video screen-capture for each of the first 78 Beaver episodes (encompassing all of Season 1 and Season 2). This must have taken quite a bit of time to accomplish. Some very good screen grabs in here. .....

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=180557

My two favorites from the above batch (from the episodes "Wally's Haircomb" and "The Haunted House", respectively): :)

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
I'll be an eager Beaver Buyer...whenever they're released. The show is highly nostalgic in my case...being exactly midway between Beav & Wally in age. Automobiles...clothing styles...kitchen appliances...radios and television sets...it's all perfect.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Hey! Now I know what to watch. Nothin' good on the tube... I'll put in Beaver Season Two!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Well, we've almost passed a Thanksgiving release date if we use the previous LITB 3 month's in advance notices. We are just about to enter into September, so if this volume is going to make it in 2006 Universal needs to get a going.

Gary "this series needs to get fast-tracked, Universal. Fast-tracked I tell ya" O.

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
Paramount did a great job on getting 2 of their classics from the same era out on dvd I Love lucy all six seasons and The andy griffith show all eight seasons by december of this year. without a doubt Leave it to beaver falls into the same category as these two other shows and universal studios cannot possibly drop the ball on this classic.

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
Its august 29th. and still no word on a release date for season 3.if universal is going to keep this series on a 6 month release schedule.which is what seasons 1 and 2 were on.then an announcent needs to be really soon.hopefully season 2 sales were good enough to warrant season's 3 through 6.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Yep, I'm starting to get just a tad worried. Not worried that the series is being shelved, but worried that the bi-yearly schedule is going to be abandoned. I wouldn't worry about the entire series collecting dust unless we got to the end of this year with no release date for Season 3. If that happened, I'd be very concerned.

Gary "I am bummed about there being no info on a release date for the fall, since I thought we'd have that news by now" O.

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
You can try going to Universal's site and sign up to be notified when Leave it to Beaver future seasons are released: Click below:

http://signup.universalstudios.com/form/264

It will take you to an order form and you can proceed to fill out the information and check "Leave it to Beaver" for the show that you are interested in. There is safety in numbers, so this might help! If you are concerned about bulk e-mails or mailing lists, use an alternate (but legit) e-mail address to sign up that is seperate from important family, school, or work accounts.

Jack

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
I sent universal an email the other day asking about season 3.and their response was no information is available at this time.and to check their website.typical answer but I thought I would try anyway.I was really hoping for season 3 by the end of the year.but we will see.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Ok, I'm moving up another degree on the "concerned" scale with this release. Still no news about Season 3!!! What gives, Universal?!!

Gary "I'm now at the point where I will officially beg Gord to look into this and give us some info - please!!!!" O.

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
yeah.We really need some news on this.To me this would be like if paramount had stopped after season 2 of I love Lucy.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Ok, Gord's seemingly innocent comment on the "Quincy Season 3" thread has me sick to my stomach. I'm really beginning to panic, thinking that Universal is going to slow this series way down or, worse yet, abandon it altogether due to possible low sales.

Admittedly, Gord didn't say anything about LITB specifically in his post but he did say he felt that most of Universal's classic tv had sold poorly. If that holds up (I couldn't get a read on whether or not Gord was stating the low sales as fact or just that he had a feeling about it) it doesn't make me feel too good about Season 3 coming any time soon.

Gary "dang it, that really has me down tonight" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks