What's new

Leave It To Beaver coming in 2005!!! (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Any word yet if Season 1 will have those Hugh Beaumont-narrated "previews" at the beginning of each episode?

Puh-leeeeeze, Universal?!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
IIRC, the alligator epsidoe was filmed first, but aired as Episode #2.

Maybe David VP will give me a few bonus points for that one! :D

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I would give you 45 bonus points on your observation (which is, indeed, 100% correct), but I'm afraid I have to deduct 6.5 points because you misspelled "episode" (badly). An epsidoe about "Captain Jack" was never filmed -- an epsidoe is a show all about a female reindeer (the "Rudolph" sequel I think). :D ;)

P.S. -- I, too, have my fingers crossed that the Ward previews will be included on the DVDs. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can live with the points deduction...as painful as that can be. But, I refuse to live with the idea I "misspelled" episode. It was a typo, dude! A simple case of my fingers moving more quickly than my brain. I often find that most things move faster than my brain! :D

Can I get some of the points back if I admit I learned that bit of trivia from a nice fella's Amazon review in which he was nice enough to share many of his thoughts on the set-to-be? :laugh:

This is probably my most-anticipated title of the year!

JimWICKS

Grip

Twenty years after LITB, Los Angeles punk band The Dickies actually recorded a song called "You Drive Me Ape (You Big Gorilla"

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
You just retrieved all of your points. :) And I'll even throw in four extra points, plus a 24-bottle case of that ultra-inviting, baseball-glove-smelling "Flower Of The Orient" perfume! (For the Mrs., of course.)

How 'bout that for a grand deal? :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cool!

A DVD trailer, huh? Never heard of one of those. I guess I've seen ads on TV or on the head of other DVDs...but nothing that complex! I must be old or sumpin'! :D Thanks, Paul! :emoji_thumbsup:

I'll bet the video looks great! That was pretty funky music they used for the trailer bed though.

LITB = classic.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
No problem Mike.

Actually Uni has trailers for almost all of its releases. Although they never did one for Quantum Leap S3.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Less than two weeks until the very first commercial home-video release of Leave It To Beaver!

E-gads! ... November 22nd, 2005 = Big Day for some good DVD purchases -- Leave It To Beaver #1, Andy Griffith #4, and King Kong (1933). When it rains, it pours Beavers! :)

Came across this excellent-quality, high-rez photo of the "Lunch Box" Beaver S.1 pack. And I noted that a change (for the worse) has been made to the text on the front of the Lunch Box -- the "Limited Edition" tag has been moved to the top, and the colored circle is gone. (I think the plainer version is the updated one, because Universal is now showing the version without the blue circle on its website; and they're the horse's (Beaver's) mouth. So I'd assume they have the updated pic there.) :)

I like the "blue circle" Limited Edition notation better myself. (Should I start a "Boycott This Release!" write-in campaign, demanding my blue circle version? ... Nah, that'd be just flat-out "goofy" to do that.) ;)

To go into a "technical/persnickety" mode (which is cheaper than going by bus, per Buddy Sorrell :D) -- The picture of Beaver/Jerry Mathers on the front of the Lunch Box pack does not look like it's a photo from "Season 1". It's more-than-likely a S.2 or even S.3 image. He looks too old for it to be from the first year.

They do have a S.1 pic of The Beav on the side panel of the Lunch Box however (same pic which adorns the "Standard" boxed set as well). Good pic of Jerry nonetheless; regardless of seasonal continuity. .......

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Exactly, Greg. That's a "negative" I noted too (but failed to make note of via my "persnickety" mode above). :)

Moving the text to the top leaves too much empty space at the bottom. Wonder why minor little changes like this even crop up in packaging designer's minds in the first place? Why fix something that ain't on the blink? :confused:

But...maybe the blue-circle version WILL be the final version. Could be, I suppose.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Greg. I had never seen that LITB page there at Universal.

~~ horse-whips self to death for not noticing it heretofore ~~

Nicely-done little page too...with the DVD Trailer available too. Thanks for posting that.

And, yes, the blue-circle Lunch Box is shown there...but Universal has the plainer version on this page......

http://homevideo.universalstudios.co...p?titleId=2822

(And it seems to me the blue-circle version WAS on that page previously. Oh, well...not worth slashin' the old wrists either way. :))

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

It seriously might bother me enough to just get the standard. I'll have to wait until I see it in person. It's pretty sad to let that effect my purchase, yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks