Leather case for Pronto

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Arthur Legardo, Aug 17, 2001.

1. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

If you haven't been over to Remote Central lately, many Philips Pronto owners, myself included, have purchased a custom leather case for their Philips Pronto remotes. I haven't received mine yet, but those who have have been very pleased with their purchase.
    If you're interested, check out this link .

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

That's pretty cool. Although my concern would be in losing tactile feel with the PVC covers.
    ------------------
    --Jay
    "No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
    My Home Theatre Pictures...
    "You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

3. Arthur Legardo

Those who have it say that you don't lose any "feel" with the cover. If anything it will save me from replacing the WriteRights (and having to cross the border to purchase some as they aren't available in Canada for the Philips Nino PDA) I have installed on my Pronto every few months or so, I'll just have to remove the case and clean the cover with some plastic cleaner.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

4. GarryW

GarryW Stunt Coordinator

We'll it looks nice but the cut out for the Mute, Channel & Volume buttoms doesnt look that great. But then again I'm the kind of person that can't understand how anyone can use a cell phone when it's in a leather case! [​IMG]
    My only compliant about my TS1000 is that it can be a little slippery, and I guess that's why they put rubberized pads on the Pronto-Pro.
    I wonder how much padding the case actually provides. [​IMG]

5. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

Looks very cool... I think I may have to get one, since my family keeps dropping the remote when they use it!!

6. Arthur Legardo

I just noticed that the leather case is meant for Prontos without the light sensor above the mute button. I have one of the original Prontos with the sensor, so I guess everytime I use the remote the screen will always be backlit (not a big deal since I have the recharging base nearby).
    GarryW, I see what you mean! Details, details... [​IMG]
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

7. Michael Hudson

Michael Hudson Stunt Coordinator

Do you have to take it out when you charge the unit ?
    ------------------
    Michael
    Video Game Tracker
    DVD Tracker
    DVD Profiler
    CD Tracker

8. Arthur Legardo