Learn to Park!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Moe Maishlish, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Moe Maishlish

Moe Maishlish Supporting Actor

Forget about those idiot drivers...

...what about those idiot asshole parkers?!?!? [​IMG]

[RANT - AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHH!!!!]

It's wintertime, so some snow falls... fine. Great. So there's snow on the ground. Does that mean you can't park your friggen car normally?!?

It's amazing how some people take some snow in parking lots as a way to throw the rulebook out the window and park like a moron. Leaving a huge gap between the cars between them, but not quite huge enough to fit another car... or parking on an angle, or with the ass of the car sitting halfway in the driving lane.

It seems that some people just take liberties like this in the winter and a good number of the spaces in the lot are gone because of idiot-parkers!!! [​IMG]

Inconsiderate pricks!!!

This morning, it took me a while to find a spot because most of the people in the parking lot just pulled into a spot without thinking of other people in the building. After 15 minutes or circling the lot, I was about ready to park my car right behind one of these schmucks and block him in (I didn't of course).

People on the road have at least a partial excuse - they're MOVING! Cars in parking lots have NO excuse - they drivers have taken the time to position them properly in a spot, and then leave.

I swear, one of these days I'm going to take the day off and just roam the parking lot in the morning for people who do this. I just want to catch a couple of the morons parking their cars like this so I can give them a piece of my mind. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[/RANT - AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHH!!!!]

Moe.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I had a friend who had this pad of fake parking ticket citation which had checkboxes for many of these bad parking characteristics that plague bad parkers. He'd leave them under the windshield wipers. It made him feel better that in some way the idiot parkers might get a clue and become more conscientious the next time they parked.

3. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

We threw 'em out of the U.S. and sent them up North, eh ! [​IMG]
    Boy I would have thought that Canadians would do better than that in the snow ! I guess they use the same winter rules that the idiots here use. Amazing what happens when the lines in the parking lot are obscured !
    I can almost let those folks get away with it due to fact that the lines might be covered up and people can't handle parking without them. The ones that get me are the losers that buy new cars then proceed to take up 2 spots close to the building instead of biting the bullet and parking in the boonies. Me and my 10 year old car door get up close and personal with those folks ! (evil grin here).

4. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

Patrick, your story made me think of what Nettie did to Dan Keaton in Needful Things. I have noticed more and moer lately than whenever I find a parking space, one of the cars in the adjacent space is on or over the line, making it difficult or impossible to park there. This has been one of my biggest gripes lately, and it has nothing to do with the weather. People just can't seem to park properly.

Chris

5. CameronJ

CameronJ Stunt Coordinator

Patrick,

I've thought many times about making some of those up. I've left a few notes in my time, mainly to people who are just so inconsiderate it's unbelievable.

There used to be a website where someone chronicled his daily commute on some highway in Northern CA (I think). He'd take pictures of the particularly egregious offenders. I've debated making a similar website, putting pictures of the violators (plates marked out of course), and putting the website address on the fake tickets.

Moe,

I think the worst is how a straight line of parking spaces becomes an angle. OK, I can understand one person parking a little out of whack in the snow, but for everyone to stop one foot shorter than the guy on the left??

6. Moe Maishlish

Cameron,

I wish I had a digital camera with me right now, because my office window faces the roof of the parking garage, and the "straight line" of parking spaces resembles something roughly divisible by pi.

With such small signs as this that keep happening, every day I grow more and more convinced that there is less hope left for humanity.

Moe.

7. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

8. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I've always wanted to carry a self starting center punch tools and just shatter their back window out [​IMG]

9. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron
    You know what I hate? Those idiots with expensive/new cars that feel they have the right to purposely park across two spots (sometimes four!) to prevent anyone from parking next to them (to prevent door dings I assume). Now, I perfectly understand the desire to do this. I recently bought a fairly nice new car and will not park next to certain vehicles and usually look for a spot on the end of a row. But I can't stand it when people take multiple spots in a prime parking area. If you are going to do that then you should take your car out to the end of the lot where no one is parking and walk your ass across the lot. I sometimes just want to kick the cars and put a big ding in the doors...but it's only a passing thought and I never do [​IMG]

10. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Lines on pavement mean little to most people. It's amazing to me how people park every which way and don't seem to give a crap. I watch people come and go all day from my office window. Most don't ever check to see if they're in the lines. They just stop their car, jump out, and walk away.

11. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

12. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    likewise. since we have a lot of basement or multi-storey carparks, personally I try to park in a lot next to the walls or pillar, which means either it's the end of a row, or there's a larger than usual gap between lots (because of the pillar) and less risk of getting my sides dinged.

sometimes in this country there just seems to be a general "stupidity", or should I say driving incompetence, of people who drive a certain name-brand car (3-pointed star... hint hint). as one friend put it, they think the car drives itself...

13. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

This is just another example of people not respecting others property (a MAJOR problem in this country). It's just amazing how someone can spend thousands of dollars for a vehicle yet have no respect for the other person that also spent thousands of dollars for a vehicle. We all know the heartaches/financial aches that come with automobile damage, and this includes car door dings--the most frequent personal property damage done to autos. It's time to redesign ALLLLLLL car doors to open vertically.

14. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Exactly what LewB says. The older the car the more crap you can hand out[​IMG]

What's worse is the idiots that park in a handicapped spot because it's only marked on the ground, and no sign.

WHAT?? does the snow covering the spot make it any less of a handicapped spot??

I WISH that police would allow a photograph to be proof of somebodies bad parking habits!!

Brent

15. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron

16. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

17. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Supporting Actor

Do NOT get me started on peoples inability to properly park their car.

The wife and I went to eat last night at a local buffet, there were not 1 but 2 cars in the parking lot that parked diaganaly purposely taking up 2 spots for parking. This did not happen by accident!

18. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

19. Moe Maishlish

20. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    My Turn:

Dear Inconsiderate Bastard,

Because of your inability to park your car in a responsible manner, I am forced to take your license plate number down and obtain your personal information from the Internet. Upon receiving this information... er... I'll let you imagine what could happen next.

I sincerely hope that you think twice next time you feel the urge to park like a complete f***ing f***.

Best Regards,

Someone in this parking lot that may or may not be looking at you.