What's new

Leaking Speakers! Help Needed. (1 Viewer)

James_N_H

Stunt Coordinator
After recently purchasing some Mission 782's I set them up in the front room and had been using them with the grilles on.

The other day for the first after listening for 30mins or so I decided to remove the grilles, to my surprise on one the of the speakers mid range drivers their was a droplet of liquid collected at the bottom of the drive unit. On closer inspection the drive unit has small droplets all over it which where gradually collecting and running to the bottom of the drive unit.

I naturally decided to look at the other speaker which had the same problem but to a lesser extent with small liquid droplets all over the drive unit.

Can anyone give any advice to this problem or has anyone had a similar problem with any speakers?

Thanks in advance.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
never seen it. take them back. thoughts such as ferrofluid leaking from the drivers or something else defective come to mind. don't open them up as that'll void any warranty. exchange them or get your money back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks