What's new

Leaked Team America Clip (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
......oh man......"My dream is if we can get (the song) "I'm So Ronrey" nominated for an Oscar that Kim Jong II comes and performs it."

.....oh, I can't wait.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member

I would. Paramount doesn't do NC-17 or unrated DVDs. I hope this changes, but so far, they're just about the only studdio still holding out.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Hah...when I was watching the presidential debate tonight, and every time Bush or Kerry mentioned Kim Jong Il, I kept thinking about this movie. :laugh:

BridgetJZ

Second Unit

Yeah, I meant R. I had a really long day.

I didn't know that Paramount didn't do unrated DVDs...that's interesting.

I heard that there's going to be sneak previews this weekend...anyone going?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
WOW. Could this be more controversial than The Passion of the Christ? :D

Unless unfinished copies are being sent out (extremely unlikely), there's no chance of that happening. The FOX News report suggests that they're still working on it.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
You're right, it was edited. The second paragraph in the excerpt below is now gone:

quote:When I saw it over the weekend, the only other person in the screening room kept looking around to make sure a) I was all right and b) that we were really seeing what we were seeing.

In fact, it's hard to believe this film has an R rating. I'm told that what was cut (which apparently is too raw to describe) will be included on the DVD.

The plot: In short, a CIA-type organization hires a Broadway musical actor to pretend to be an Arab terrorist and infiltrate terrorist organizations. (In the end, the world is safe, the movie claims, thanks to brilliant acting. Ouch.)

"Team America," you see, boldly goes where no one has gone before, sending up post-9/11 terrorism, Arabs, Koreans, the CIA and liberal-minded Hollywood actors all at the same time.

Too bad. It would have been fun to see the cut scenes.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
This looks really good. Cathartic even! I want to see this.

Pity about it having to be cut, it's just puppet sex.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Damn but this is gonna be hilarious if the movie is half as good as the rough stuff that's leaked thus far.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's official, from CNN.com:
quote:"Team America: World Police" received an R rating from the Motion Picture Association of America after producers made several changes to the film to avoid the more restrictive NC-17 label, officials from the MPAA and distributor Paramount Pictures confirmed.

MPAA and Paramount officials declined to discuss specifics of their initial differences.

But according to the Los Angeles Times, the MPAA board and the film's producers were at odds over a scene that depicts simulated sex between the wooden marionettes.

Producer Scott Rudin told the Times that at least nine variations of the scene in question were submitted, each one progressively less explicit, before the MPAA ultimately relented and approved with an R rating.

Agreement on a rating for the film from Matt Stone and Trey Parker -- creators of the animated cable TV series "South Park" -- came just four days before the movie is slated to open for "sneak previews" in 800 theaters nationwide. The film has its official opening October 15.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Nine variations!? Hah, each one probably had a second trimmed off before the MPAA got tired of it and slapped the R rating.

Lookin forward to it
thumbsup.gif

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I finally heard some of the details about the puppet sex--golden shower and pearl necklace. Definitely NC-17 material in an "ordinary" context.
smile.gif

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Sneak Previews go off nationwide in select theaters on Saturday.

Early sneaks were provided to distributors today.

I didn't get to sneak into the whole thing, but what I saw cracked me up..

I didn't expect it to have the musical numbers (ala South Park:BLU) but yes, in fact, if what I saw is representative, it does
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks