What's new

LEADING LADIES COLLECTION VOLUME 2 (1 Viewer)

Charles H

Screenwriter
One Castle Hill property that I'd love to see release on dvd is Frank Borzage's wonderful HISTORY IS MADE AT NIGHT (1937) starring Jean Arthur and Charles Boyer. IT embraces so many diverse genres that it has (literally) everything and the kitchen sink.

DavidBC

Second Unit
Very excited about Shoot The Moon, it's among Albert Finney and Diane Keaton's best performances.

Mario Gauci

Senior HTF Member

Corey,

Thanks for posting the exact quote regarding Warners' mention of I MARRIED A WITCH (1942) in one of their past chats.

The thing is that during these things so many titles are mentioned (and, generally, such a long time passes before they eventually see the light of day on DVD) that one is bound to forget about it...especially since it's been 3 years since the Rene` Clair title came up!

Oh, well - I always have that DivX to tide me over until then...:).

P.S. By the way, I second Charles H's suggestion of HISTORY IS MADE AT NIGHT (1937). In fact, there are a handful of Frank Borzage titles I crave but, thankfully, at least two of them seem to be in the works i.e. DESIRE (1936) and STRANGE CARGO (1940).

ted:r

Second Unit
"I'll Cry Tomorrow"? Yes!!!

"Up The Down Staircase"? Yes!!!!!!!!

"Big Hand for The Little Lady'? Delirious yesssssssssssssssssss!!!!

"Shoot The Moon"? Passes out on the floor from delirous happiness!!!!!!!!!!

Please, let this be so!!!!!!

Composes self....

Well, I did ask WB about Shoot and Big Hand 18 or so months ago...

Passes out again on the floor from delirious happiness...

Corey

Screenwriter

Glad you're so excited. I believe that as I was reading through the 2005 HTF chat, someone had asked about Big Hand For the Little Lady and WHV saidit wasn't being planned at the time. Same thing for Up the Down Staircase.

Corey

Screenwriter
The set is available for pre-order on Amazon for $34.99. I think November and December will be the best months of the year.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Volume 1 was called "Leading Ladies of the Studio Era". It consisted completely of previously released titles: "Now, Voyager", "Mildred Pierce", "For Me and My Gal", "Father of the Bride", and "Dial 'M' for Murder".

Regards,

Corey

Screenwriter

snappers that got updated to keepcases. I wonder of they'll do Leading Men collection.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I'll Cry Tomorrow - This makes TWO major Susan Hayward films due soon - the other is With a Song in My Heart from Fox.

Things I would like to see on I'll Cry Tomorrow - new stereo mix of the film as Warners has the stereo music tracks.

Scenes added with music cut from the film by Alex NOrth

Warners has two of the songs (Red Red Robin, Happiness is a Thing called Joe) sung by a dubber, post dubbed to HJaywards already filmed image. They could match this up as an extra.

Corey

Screenwriter

It's just speculation, but I heard that Fox is also working on I Can Get It For You Wholesale, The Marriage Go-Round, and Untamed. It's not listed on the Fox classics website, so they probably wouldn't release it till sometime next year.

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot

Corey, you always have great news to share! That would be another must-buy for me!!! :)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I also hear that Fox is working on Garden of Evil (about time - they released it three years ago in every market but region one)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Never seen any of these films, but I'll take a chance on the following individual titles:

A Big Hand for the Little Lady
I’ll Cry Tomorrow
Up The Down Staircase

Funny that these are packaged in a Leading Ladies Vol. 2 Collection considering these actresses weren't all necessary "leading ladies" and the first box set was basically a compilation of previous releases. Another title might've seemed more fitting, but I don't care one way or the other.

Corey

Screenwriter
How about a Bad Girls Collection with:

-Lightning Strikes Twice
-Girls On Probation
-Born to Be Bad
-Slightly Dangerous
-The Gay Bride
-On the Loose

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics