What's new

Le Dernier Combat (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who bought this when it came out on DVD? It had been a dozen or so years since I saw it last, and it still holds up very well, though the music at time was a tad annoying. The picture transfer looked great!
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

DanL

Stunt Coordinator
I have to agree. Good disc. Better than average 5.1 mix as well. The music is a bit funky at times. It's funny ho wmuch Eric Serra has evolved since then, both in terms of film score and his own music.

Roarke

Auditioning
I can't believe i never saw an announcement and ended up paying a lot of $$$ for a R2 import.

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
That's the bst news. I love Subway, despite how ridiculous it is.
biggrin.gif

------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I'm a huge Luc Besson fan and bought the film unseen. I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. What can I expect? (Please no spoilers.) I've just heard that it's a sci-fi film, with hardly any dialouge.
I'm also going to buy Subway, although I've only seen that film once and wasn't really impressed. I'm obsessed and just need to fill out my Besson collection.
Am I the only one who organizes their dvds by director? Of course I've only got about 10 directors at this point, since most of my favorites aren't that well represented.
------------------
"You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they
don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you." - Silent Bob
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai
Optimus Prime Films

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Ross,
Picture Mad Max without any car chase scenes or dialogue. It's a post apocalyptic story shot in glorious black and white.
The picture is good and my only complaint is the music is really dated (and inapropriate in places) and there are no extras, not even a trailer.
But it is well worth watching.
I'll have to rent Subaway and The Big Blue.
------------------

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Thanks Larry. I'd say just buy Big Blue. It's an incredible film. But definately hold off on Subway.
By the way where do you live in Seattle? I'm in Queen Anne.
------------------
"You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they
don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you." - Silent Bob
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai
Optimus Prime Films

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Ross: I've been up in Wedgewood for the past 3 years. Before that I lived on Capitol Hill for 7 years until I couldn't afford it anymore (well...I could if I didn't spend all my money on CDs and DVDs :) )
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks