LD question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Allen Longcor, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

I just hooked mine up, and I must say it was TOTALLY worth it! Indiana Jones in widescreen and DPL II kicks ass.

I have a question about the audio. I have an Onkyo 595 and when I hit the the audio selector button I can switch between analog and autocoax2. There is no audible difference that I can tell, but what exactly is coax2? I only have it hooked up via stereo cables to the receiver.

2. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I don't know your receiver but I'd guess that "autocoax2" will automatically swithc to the second coax input if it's connected, and the device is sending information. What player do you have? If it has a digital connection you sould use that. If not don't worry about it, you already know how great it sounds.

3. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

I have the Pioneer CLD D503. It only has stereo out. I was just wondering why it would have that autocoax2 in there. Just curiosity thing. Tonight it's going to be Indy and the Last Crusade!

4. Sean Dayton

Sean Dayton Stunt Coordinator

The Coax 2 input is the default digital input assigned to the specific video input on your 595 receiver that you have the LD player hooked up to. You can reassign coax 2 input to another video input in the setup menu if you need to. Since your not using the coax 2 digital input at all, don't worry about it. Just leave the setting to analog and leave it alone.

5. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Allen, you sound like you're on the road to becoming a major league LD junkie. Have fun with your new toy!

6. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

As I said in another thread, I got my player a little over a month ago, and I've already got around 20 discs!