LD player help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith Yatsuhashi, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Keith Yatsuhashi

Keith Yatsuhashi Stunt Coordinator

Hi, I'm looking for a new LD player. Are there any etailers out there that still have any? I know about ebay, but I want a back up just in case. Thanks.

2. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I don't think so.

3. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

You might be able to find one of the Pioneer LD/DVD combo players that is still brand new, but other than that, you'll probably have to look at auctions/forum forsales.

I've got a Panasonic HX-670 with auto flip, S-video, and optical out I'd sell for cheap, but it sounds like you may be interested in a high-end player.

4. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Right off the top of my head I'm not positive who, but I've seen DVL-919's a few places when bumping around the web lately. Maybe at Oade Brothers and possibly at Audio Advisor...? If you wanted an LD-S9 or HLD-X9 from Japan ask Daniel Law at the Chinese Club in Hong Kong. [email protected] That's about all I can think of. Best wishes!

5. Keith Yatsuhashi

Keith Yatsuhashi Stunt Coordinator

I've been thinking that Japan would be the place to go, but I don't have any URL's that I can try (they have to be in english).

6. Sean Dayton

Sean Dayton Stunt Coordinator

The Pioneer DVL 919 is still widely availble. [email protected] and Onecall was still selling them last month. If you do a search using Yahoo shopping you will find some vendors selling them around 725$ shipped. The Pioneer DVL 91 Elite is still availble on the street but in low supply. The DVL 91 is selling for 1100$.

I will also be joing the S9 club real soon. I took the plunge and had my wife pick up two S9 while she is visiting family in Sendai. She will be back next week with those two bad boys.

7. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Keith, blast off an e-mail to Daniel and ask him for a price quote on an LD-S9. The price floats with the several currencies but should be inthe $1450 to $1600 range. It's similar to the CLD-99 but better. It's a deadicated LD player and has Pioneer's best comb filter. It has a beautiful pale gold finish too! I'm s sick of black components... The S9 is a benchmark player. I have one and a HLD-X9 too. They're both better than any U.S. models. Best wishes!