What's new

LD Fans...a question for you.... (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
I have several copies of a non released The Fugitive. It is a ws DD laser that was made in anamorphic widescreen. It even says on the jacket, must be watched in Full mode to squeeze the image to wide screen.

How rare is this title and how much is it worth?

Thanks in advance.

Gregg

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
I have several copies of a non released The Fugitive. It is a ws DD laser that was made in anamorphic widescreen. It even says on the jacket, must be watched in Full mode to squeeze the image to wide screen.

How rare is this title and how much is it worth?

Thanks in advance.

Gregg

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
It's a Japanese release, right? All squeezed LD's are very, very rare. A non-released one? Were it a typical squeezed LD, I'd say $50-$100 on Ebay. But an unreleased one - who knows? Might not be worth anything more than typical, or it might be worth $1,000. The only way to find out is to stick a copy up on Ebay and find out.

Where in the world did you find such a thing? Not only a squeezed LD, but an unreleased one in this country? I'd guess from one of your calibration customers.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
It's a Japanese release, right? All squeezed LD's are very, very rare. A non-released one? Were it a typical squeezed LD, I'd say $50-$100 on Ebay. But an unreleased one - who knows? Might not be worth anything more than typical, or it might be worth $1,000. The only way to find out is to stick a copy up on Ebay and find out.

Where in the world did you find such a thing? Not only a squeezed LD, but an unreleased one in this country? I'd guess from one of your calibration customers.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Wow!, you think?

It is a US release put out by Toshiba.(a guess)

The packaging says this disc is manufactured in a special anamorphically squeezed format to be compatible with your new Toshiba 16:9 TV. This disc is promotional and not intended for resale.

My mistake on the DD thing it is Dolby surround only.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Wow!, you think?

It is a US release put out by Toshiba.(a guess)

The packaging says this disc is manufactured in a special anamorphically squeezed format to be compatible with your new Toshiba 16:9 TV. This disc is promotional and not intended for resale.

My mistake on the DD thing it is Dolby surround only.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
They are worth about $6.00/each. I'll be happy to PayPal you the money. :)

Seriously, should you decide to sell, let me know. I might be interested if the price is right. I've been wanting to try out a squeeze disc for a while now.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
They are worth about $6.00/each. I'll be happy to PayPal you the money. :)

Seriously, should you decide to sell, let me know. I might be interested if the price is right. I've been wanting to try out a squeeze disc for a while now.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Actually there were several releases of 16x9 LD by Toshiba for their 16x9 widescreen SDTV in the mid 1990's. They were only availabe for a promotional basis to people who bought the TV. I have owned free willy, unforgiven, fugitive and grumpy old men. I would mind having it again, but the PQ is not that good, I didn't see any difference on fugitive. The only thing I saw some improvement was free willy and grumpy old men. Unforgiven was horrible!! Heck I think the Letterboxed version on LD looked better than the 16x9 LD!

Here's a list of some 16x9 LD
http://japanld.free.fr/list.php?type...c&list=squeeze

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Actually there were several releases of 16x9 LD by Toshiba for their 16x9 widescreen SDTV in the mid 1990's. They were only availabe for a promotional basis to people who bought the TV. I have owned free willy, unforgiven, fugitive and grumpy old men. I would mind having it again, but the PQ is not that good, I didn't see any difference on fugitive. The only thing I saw some improvement was free willy and grumpy old men. Unforgiven was horrible!! Heck I think the Letterboxed version on LD looked better than the 16x9 LD!

Here's a list of some 16x9 LD
http://japanld.free.fr/list.php?type...c&list=squeeze

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Oh, another thing, Fugitive is one of the more common 16x9 LD. Still rare but the more common out of the bunch of Toshiba LD that's what most people chose on the survey card. As for worth, have no idea. I bought mine used, for like $10 each, they knew it was 16x9 also! Best bet SELL IT ON eBay!!!

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Oh, another thing, Fugitive is one of the more common 16x9 LD. Still rare but the more common out of the bunch of Toshiba LD that's what most people chose on the survey card. As for worth, have no idea. I bought mine used, for like $10 each, they knew it was 16x9 also! Best bet SELL IT ON eBay!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks