What's new

LD Experts: Help Needed With Player (1 Viewer)

Peter O

Stunt Coordinator
My LD player was delivered today, a Pioneer CLD-D606 purchased from a member here. It was packaged very well, doubled boxed and in the original packaging.

However, I can't get the player to work! When I turned it on, it made a lot of humming and when I pressed LD eject it gave me error code E0 and did not open. I tried CD eject and the smaller tray came out, but now will not go back in, giving me error code E2.

I would guess that the belt for the tray may have come loose during shipping. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks!

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Pop the cover off the player, and see that the tray is in the track and all belts are in place. Chances are something got knocked out of position during shipping.

Hopefully nothing is broken and you can just pop something back into place and have a working player.

KJP

Peter O

Stunt Coordinator
Opened it up, looks like the tray is secure. There is a small motor just to the right of the laser that spins when I press the eject button, but it seems like it is not attached to anything.
Edit: The laser is in the bottom position.
Edit again: Well it looks like a tiny white plastic gear broke off and thats why the trays do not open... guess it's hopeless :frowning:

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
You might want to contact Kurtis Bahr, [email protected]. He is our Pioneer Ld player repair guru in the US and is very helpful getting you up and running with your own repairs under his email instructions. Used parts can be bought from him for next to nothing.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I bought a player from someone on the net a few years ago that arrived broken. I contacted the shipper, in my case UPS and they covered the cost of the repair! That might be an option for you.

Peter O

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Sean, I've gotten in touch with Kurtis.
Do you think replacing this gear will be an easy fix? The seller has kindly offered to give me a refund, but if I can get a cheap replacement part and the fix is easy enough, I'd rather do the repair. Better that, than risk getting another LD player damaged in transit :)

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
It all depends if the metal shaft in your picture broke off from the LD players main chassis tray or did it just come loose ? If it broke off, then send back the player and get a refund. I know how you feel, my first LD player I bought from a forum member here also was damaged by UPS during transit. Also buying used LD players from forum/newsgroup sales and online auctions is really a crapshoot. I bought a brand new mint still sealed in the box Pioneer CLD 704 two months ago and I took no chances and had it shipped double boxed Fedexe 2 day. I also bought a Pioneer Elite 59 from Epay and it had the worst packing job I have seen in a long time, and was sent UPS ground and some how it survived the journey without damage. The Elite 59 that I bought from a fourm member here was packed very well and some how UPS managed to damage it. So its really luck of the draw.

Peter O

Stunt Coordinator
Is there an easy/safe way to manually eject the larger LD tray from the player? I'd like to get it out so I can see if there is any more damage to the internal parts.

As far as I can tell with the tray in place, the only damage was that tiny little plastic gear that broke loose. Didn't see any damage to the laser or metal shafts around it.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
This is a good thread. I picked up a DVL-700 off ebay, which arrived pretty much DOA. It will power up, but the blasted thing wouldn't open. I think the seller's abyssmal packing job had a great deal to do with it.

I'm also curious about a manual release for the LD tray...does such a creature exist on a player?

Best regards,

~~Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks