What's new

LCR600S3 vs. CDMC NT (1 Viewer)

Hyun K

Stunt Coordinator
Well I hooked up the CNT last night and listened to several movies and music in 5 channel stereo. I was pleasantly surprised. Didn't think $100 could bring such an improvement.

The CNT was more clear, open, airy and detailed with 5 channel stereo. the LCR always sounded a little muffled. I thought it might have been the center channel signal the denon was feeding but I guess not. Off axis performance is great. Also, I'll restate the cliche, "i've heard things I've never heard before". Subtle details, background noises, all came out very well. For example, the scene in gladiator when the soldier fires the first flaming arrow in unleash hell... the LCR never produced the detail I heard through the CNT. I heard a lot more "wispy" details as the arrow flew through the air. Timbre wise... no need to worry... after I calibrated the speaker levels, the front sound stage blended in nicely. Overall I think this is a $100... or really $600... well spent. If anyone is contemplating upgrading their 600 series LCR to the CNT, I'd definitely recommend it. For prospective buyers... don't spend your money on an LCR600. Either get its cheaper brother or the CNT.

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
Hyun, you experienced just what I did, soon you will find yourself trying to figure out a new Lunch budget so you can live off of Top roman the next year so you can upgrade to the CDM9,CDM7 or CDM1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks