What's new

LCOS/DLP RPTVs: ANY *NEW* NEWS??? (1 Viewer)

Kelly Scott Rickards

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't heard much since CES concerning the new DLPs and LCOS TVs. Any more news on Tabletop DLPs using the new 12 degree "Mustang" TI HD2 chipset?

Aren't the Tabletop Samsungs due out very soon (summer 2002)?

LG/Zenith also announced they will have HD2-powered RPTV sets this year as well. Any updates???

What about the $10,000 57-inch Toshiba LCOS RPTV???

Are there any good articles about TI's HD2 chipsets?

What about the archemedes color-wheel....is that going to be used in the HD3 perhaps?

And what of the HD2-powered front-projectors...I heard Sharp just showed a unit that may feature the HD2 (the prototype has 12 degree mirrors) but the res is two low to be a true HD2. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH DLP/LCOS????

I GOTS TA KNOW!!!!

Good luck. I've been trying to any information on these new displays without success. I've heard rumors that the RCA Scenium 50" LCOS is now actually shipping, but have not been able to find one in the SF bay area. If you do get some solid information, please pass it on.

Wes

I talked to Samsung customer service today, and the DLP RPTV's are supposed to be out in late June or July. There is some information about these sets on the Samsung web site (www.samsungusa.com). The 50" model number is HLM507W.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks