What's new

LCD TV purchase help!!!! (1 Viewer)

Ethan_L_T

Auditioning
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I'm looking to buy a LCD TV (27-30 inches). I did some research and I got down to 3.

Sony KLV-26HG2 26-IN HDTV LCD WEGA™ Flat Panel Television
Toshiba 26HL83 26-IN HDTV LCD MONITOR
Sharp LC-30HV4U 30-IN AQUOS HDTV LCD TV

I need to know if any of these is better than the others?

Also, my friend keep telling me the prices for LCD TV will drop dramatically soon. Would I save alot by waiting a few months?

Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Ethan

Ethan_L_T

Auditioning
Will the price drop be happening soon or in a couple years? I kinda need a TV soon since my old one is crapping out.

Ethan

Danny Beck

Stunt Coordinator
The basic idea is that all tv prices come down over time. Thats just a fact. You just have to decide for yourself what tv you want and go for it.

Also, as far as prices go. Just make sure you negotiate wherever you buy the tv. You can often get retail stores to come down a lot in price. More than you would expect.

I'd be willing to be that many of those tvs you've mentioned could be purchased for around $500 less than retail. Make the effort, be a little assertive, and you'll save some money.

Dan

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Sure the price will come down, but then you'll want the newer/bigger/better technology that costs the same as those LCD's do now. It's really an endless cycle and you just have to pick your point in time and bite the bullet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks