What's new

LCD TV, out of nowhere a stuck pixel in the middle of the screen, now what? (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Hi guys, hope you can help.

I have a 32" LCD TV. Had it for almost 9 months and has been great. Now all of a sudden the is a little stuck pixel in the middle of the screen. Not dead center more like to the right but very noticeable. I am watching a TV show and it is on somoene's face like a beauty mark that keeps showing up.

I have not left the TV on for a long time and have not even played any videogames in a long time. even when I did this summer it was never for more than 20-25 minutes at a time.

so there it is. sometimes when I pause the show it will work again and it will turn skin color all of a sudden then I press play and it goes back to black.

Is there anything I can do? should stop using the TV for a few hours or days? should I leave it on with an HD show playing over and over?

What can I do?

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
HowStuffWorks "How Computer Monitors Work"

A fairly easy to understand article on how an LCD display works. When you get a hot or cold pixel it's a dead transistor for the corresponding pixel. Nothing will make it go away, other than ignoring it (and I know that's not going to happen).

What is the warranty on the set? some companies will replace a set with as few as one or two dead pixels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HobbitGolf
Recent bookmarks