What's new

LCD TV, out of nowhere a stuck pixel in the middle of the screen, now what? (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Hi guys, hope you can help.

I have a 32" LCD TV. Had it for almost 9 months and has been great. Now all of a sudden the is a little stuck pixel in the middle of the screen. Not dead center more like to the right but very noticeable. I am watching a TV show and it is on somoene's face like a beauty mark that keeps showing up.

I have not left the TV on for a long time and have not even played any videogames in a long time. even when I did this summer it was never for more than 20-25 minutes at a time.

so there it is. sometimes when I pause the show it will work again and it will turn skin color all of a sudden then I press play and it goes back to black.

Is there anything I can do? should stop using the TV for a few hours or days? should I leave it on with an HD show playing over and over?

What can I do?

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
HowStuffWorks "How Computer Monitors Work"

A fairly easy to understand article on how an LCD display works. When you get a hot or cold pixel it's a dead transistor for the corresponding pixel. Nothing will make it go away, other than ignoring it (and I know that's not going to happen).

What is the warranty on the set? some companies will replace a set with as few as one or two dead pixels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks