LCD Sharp Aquos, opinions?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by randySH, Apr 9, 2005.

1. randySH

randySH Agent

I am stunningly new to all this and have decided to get a LC32GA5U, 32 inch LCD monitor...I compared the info on the various models in a Digital TV magazine, plus asked around.

what I was surprised to find was that Sharp, contrary to my opinion of them (regards crt products, I always thought they were junk) was respected for their technology in the LCD arena...

is this true? any feelings on this?

2. John S

John S Producer

Should be moved to Displays. Wrong section.

Just make sure you get to demo this onein person. I know a couple of people that ended up returning and going with LCD RPTV's instead. LCD Direct View gets tough as you go up in screen size is all.

3. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

The last time I had a chance to seriously compare different makes of LCD direct view screens, my preference was thus:

#1: Sharp Aquos
    #2: Viewsonic (of all people.) (A very close second to Sharp.)
    #3 & down: everybody else, not very close to Sharp and Viewsonic.

As an aside, however, some of the Samsung PC displays are kind of nice, as are some of the Apple Cinemascreens.

Leo Kerr

4. KenWong

KenWong Stunt Coordinator

when it comes to LCD, I think Sharp Aquos makes one of the best ones. However, I recently saw the HP one, (preparing to get flamed) and it was cheaper and threw one hell of a picture quality, might be worth taking a look.