LCD question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jon_Heidbreder, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Jon_Heidbreder

Has anyone else noticed that large fast moving objects on a LCD display causes distotions.

I've seen it once or twice while I was in best buy. Is this just the case on lower end LCD's or is this a problem all LCD screens

Im wondering because Im trying to evaluate technologies for a display that will be used to play games on.

2. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

It depends on the total average response time of the panel, and the type of panel it is (IPS, TN, VA). 12-16ms is cutting edge for LCD panels right now, and lower the better.

3. Daniel_Burke

Daniel_Burke Extra

If you want to use it for playing games I'd highly suggest LCD. I'm thinking about doing the same. I also want to use it as a monitor for my computer. Anything other then LCD will burn in images to the screen. This happens when their are still images that are projected to the scren and they will eventually become "part" of the screen. I just wish that the price of LCD technology would come down. I'm planning on purchasing some kind of large LCD screen in the near future. If you find anything that looks interesting send it my way.

Just for fun check out the Panasonic PT-50LC13. Its the latest drool toy for me.

4. Jon_Heidbreder

Already seen it and yes it does look sweet. Im still worried about images moving really fast and seeing some kind of pixelation. Would a DLP work as well? there is no chance for burn in with that option either right?

Anyone using the PT-50LC13 as a display for console games and PC games?

5. tommy

tommy Auditioning

Jon, I am about to buy the Sony kf50we610 lcd. I went to the store sat down and watched the Matrix a very fast movie. Let me tell You the picture was great, no distortion at all. I will also add the blacks in the movie were good much better then last years grand Wega. When I compared this tv to the others in the store no lcd or dlp could match. I would strongly recommend this tv for dvds,hd, and games.

6. Thurman

Thurman Auditioning

I use PT-50LC13 for my xbox. It looks great on there. No distortion. My friend has the Samsung 50" DLP TV and when we play there you can see distortion and pixelation.

7. John S

John S Producer

Some of this I swear is where the LCD set converts everything to its "native format" for display.

I have no hard evidence, but, I seem to notice it on those sets more. I am not even sure what I am try'n to say. But some sets do a conversion of everything to like 540p or something like that.