LCD Projector TVs

Discussion in 'Displays' started by charlie.p, Oct 26, 2003.

1. charlie.p

charlie.p Auditioning

This is my first post. i've been shopping to buy a new HT system. I recetnly discovered LCD projection TVs. I've looked at Sony, Hitachi and Samsung at BB and Circuit City.

The picture is great, and to me, rivals the plasmas. I'm told there's no convergence problems either. Anyone have any experience with these.

I'm also looking at a Denon AVR 2803 or an HK 520 (it's on sale locally for $498. Haven't decided on a DVD or speakers yet. I have an 8 yr old 5 cube Bose system so I may jus use those speakers and maybe try to get a better sub woofer. Any comments on that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks alot

Charlie Petersen

2. HankM

HankM Second Unit

My friend bought the 50" Sony Grand Wega (not XBR) from Circuit City. He brought it back the next day and purchased a Sony KP46WT510 RPTV. LCD technology is simply not there yet for serious viewers due to limitations of LCD. CRT RPTV's are the best bang for the buck right now. Here is a thread from Home Theater Spot of the current situation with LCD TV's. Gary Merson of The Perfect Vision explains why LCD is not what people think it is.

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/htsth...b=5&o=&fpart=1

3. Jason.Soko

Jason.Soko Stunt Coordinator

I brought mine back within 24 hours of purchasing it.

4. charlie.p

charlie.p Auditioning

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate the reference to home theatre sport.

Charlie

5. MikewL

MikewL Extra