What's new

LCD or Projector? (1 Viewer)

JasonHart

Auditioning
Hey guys, my name is jason and i have a dilemma of sorts here. One of the managers where i work at has asked me to do an installation in her home. The idea here is quite simple in her mind but not as simple in mine. She has an addition off of the living room and it has a sunken hot tub in the floor. She wants an LCD screen, 32", set into the wall at what would be ankle up to knee level if you were standing on the floor. The wall is approx. 10 inches from the edge of the hot tub. She wants it set in the wall with a lexan protector over the front. The issue i have is that i believe the lexan will fog up easil. The tv will be completely sealed off from that room however with some duct work to pull out the heat created by the LCD as well as a couple computer fans plumbed to an intake vent to provide some cool air. I suggested the option of using a projector to eliminate the need to cut into the wall at all but she is resisting my advice. I don't really want to be liable for any issues that arise from the LCD option but i do want to help her out. Any opinions or suggestions?

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Kinda sicky wicket there Jason - I wouldn't do a projector for sure. A PJ would have to live in the heat and humidity of the hot tub room = not good. Plus if the wall where she wants the display is only 10" away from the tub and she wants it only knee high the line of projection for the PJ would not be good at all either.
If she wants the LCD - rather than lexan get safety glass from a local glass shop. Buy it cut to fit and make sure the glass is well ducted and climatized to prevent fogging.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks